Carousel?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

My opinion is if you leave your current conference your OOC games will probably be users and a rival if possible. Sliders are tough so tough teams will not be easy to beat.

Maybe limit it to a team equal or lesser rating? So if you are a 4 star team then you cannot switch to anything above 4 star.

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Like from now on? Or start over? I probably wouldn't be leaving if we are going from now

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I wouldn't leave as I hate playing with guys I didn't recruit.

If we did this wed end up with guys spread throughout the country and what's the point of having an OD when a user can win his conference because he's the only user in it?

5. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I'd stay put unless it was an offer I couldn't refuse…. Buckeyes up. :rolleyes:

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

What if we allowed free movement but only within the SEC or Pac 12?

7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Curious the reasoning behind bringing this up. I would not move and don't care if others choose to.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Just curious guys. I like dakotas idea, free movement between the two conferences as long as we keep a decent balance?

9. Raidernation

Definitely respect that. A championship boosts the team front to back... I won out the first season in Overdrive and Clay carousel'ed my ass and accidentally moved me to Tennessee. The boosts for my coach were love and the recruits were certainly easier to sign even without my squad, I could just imagine the love your getting staying in Mizzou.

But I vote we pool our favorite teams in one or two conferences. Being this is the last NCAA-ever why not mix it up and make shit interesting and then go for 30. Playing with favorites is a nice incentive for keeping it going as we all will eventually get tired of winning or losing.

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Missouri is no favorite due to a championship I can tell you that. My team regressed from last year and there are only 1 or 2 recruits I am certain to get.

I am absolutely 100% against any re-start if that is what your last statement is referring to. Creating a sub-real CFB fantasy league sounds childish and I wouldn't have any interest in moving any teams around. It's always funny what a few losses does to someones motivations, then blames the guy winning for it. You obviously weren't here in The E 1.0 when Penn State was under .500 their first two seasons.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  11. Raidernation

You're an amusing guy, my post was by no means a negative shot at you or your squad get your shit in order G.... stating something sounds childish is somewhat redundant when we are playing a video game here. Aside from that IDEA, just to keep interest pass the usual new cycle (which will never come), wins and losses mean very little in a realm of manipulation and faulty AI. I'm in it for the sake of competition and the entertainment I get from building a team over several years. If I was totally success driven I would've been gone last season, wouldn't have outlasted you in The Legacy and I would have made every attempt to persuade you not to drop as many times as you did in Overdrive so I could have continued to whip your ass year in and year out. Please, don't question my motivation, it is very clear what your is and at this point it seems a bit complicated.

12. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

dumpster fire!

13. dakota7

You go from 0 to 65 very quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Oh brother...

15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Everything is going hunky-dory and then someone wants another re-start. Dumb

16. dakota7

No one suggested a restart. I don't believe anyone wants that.

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Even if he did, you don't gotta attack the dude. Come the hell on, that's not constructive at all man. We are trying to have a discussion, not a war on people's character and their motivations on a fucking video game.

18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Let me re-phrase, since I equate moving teams around in conferences to a re-start and it appears not everyone can go 100 mph together (pun intended RIP Paul Walker). Although the IDEA from Raider isn't strictly define explicitly as a re-start, I'm against creating some sort of parallel CFB universe moving teams around in/out of conferences.

We launched 2.0 to move away from so many user games and increase "happiness" for the lack of a better term.

I guess as long we create preface our statements, then shots are ok?

Again - panties in bunch. Vote no on conference scramble, don't care about coach scramble.

Now everyone get back to playing games and enjoying yourself. I had the best game of NCAA '13 against the CPU this morning in 2OT and am looking to moving forward.

19. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Here is my opinion. I honestly just want interest to remain so we can play...so if someone wants to move in the off season wherever they want to move is fine by me...No restrictions to conference or team. Why limit someone else's fun with the game to fit your idea of fun...? Look around fellas we are about it for people left playing NCAA 14 already, and with no new game on the horizon I think we should look at any and all ideas for keeping people interested and part of the league.

We played one season and already lost two, and almost another...who now has the points glitch...Lets not be restrictive of an in game feature like CC.

imo..

• Like Like x 1
  20. dakota7

I don't really like the fantasy conferences either. (Although we have topped off the Big 12 in the past) If someone wants to use the coaching carousel and switch inside the SEC or Pac 12 I'm okay with it. We should not take a job at Texas and move them into the sec, for example.

21. dakota7

Three. Hova quit.

22. Raidernation

got love for ya Fmode11 but you bugging out broheem :banhappy:

• Like Like x 1
  23. dakota7

One interesting thought, if we allow movement within our conferences. The further we progress in the dynasty, our teams will become the dominant teams and the Oregons and Bamas will be the doormats. Therefore if we switch we would be rebuilding traditional powers against the teams we built.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Yea I had to drop everyone, I am getting no EXP and no way to fix it.

25. Raidernation

Kinda what my thought was based on. If we kept this going there would be a definite power shift and we would have to do something new to make it worth while. Using hindsight maybe I should of explained the conference thing a little more. 2 examples (no restarts) would be.

If the commish can still realign conferences we could move select teams into different conferences i.e. Big 10 adding Nebraska , SEC adding TAM, not "fantasy" at all. In RL teams move around all the time as long its not some far fetched shit like Bama to the Pac 10, it could be interesting.

Example 2 we could have guys move to apposing conferences so that each conference championship has two successful users in them. The commish could then adjust bowl tie ins so there would be user at-larges in most major bowls assuming we are winning games of course.

Again this is just for the sake of the discussion, as my first mind would be to stay put …. unless the Buckeyes or even Rutgers were options.

• Like Like x 1