Case of the Mundays

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hokie Effect, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Case of the Mundays

Looks like we have a case of the Mundays....not much talk over the weekend. Farve blew it yesterday, sux his last NFL pass of his career is an INT. So now I am pulling for Brees.

Should be a big night for SE football with 2 user games on tap. We were planning on a 10pm advance tonight, so lets hope they get them in. I know there are quite a few of you with that bitter taste of a loss still lingering in your mouth.

It's exam week so I will be in cruise control at work and chiming in every so often. And on a side note.....I learned over the weekend that my wife loves strip clubs, who knew?!?! (y)

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Hokie, you lucky lil bastard!!!

Although, that could go the other way for ya......feel free to post pictures and keep us updated hahaha.

Yeah Favre losing last night sucked! It's just like his last game in GB when he threw the pick in OT against the Giants. I can't imagine how pissed he must of been last night.

I was screaming at my TV pulling for the Vikings. I've always liked Favre and since he's the last of the gunslingers from my younger days (Montana, Elway, Marino, Young, etc) it's really sad to think he's done. I don't blame that game on Favre though. Peterson and Percy couldn't hang onto the freaking ball, Minnasotta's line couldn't block anyone as evidenced by Favre getting scrapped off the turf routinely by a shovel, and the defense couldn't get any pressure on Brees. Then, to top if off the Vikings D drops 2 or 3 INTs. If you wanna play in the big game, you gotta make plays when you get the chance. (see clemson beating florida)

Also, that pass interference call in OT had me completely irrate. That ball was uncatchable and it was in OT for crying out loud. Let the guys play!

Either way, it's the first time in a while that there will be a Super Bowl I'll somewhat look forward to. Brees vs Manning isn't as cool as Favre vs Manning, but it should be a fun game to watch.

As for complaining about the chatter, I tried. I posted a new column that received one response. Bfruchey posted a thread that only I responded to. I checked this thing during every commercial break yesterday but I really don't like to have conversations with myself.

And yes, you guys need to do your best to get them games in so we can advance on schedule tonight.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

This is interesting........... hmm...

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Its funny she made me text my buddies that we were hanging with the next day and let them know she is not a lesbian.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Doesnt me she isnt Bi-sexual :HoosierHoo:

6. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Im on the lookout for Legend - if yall see on here or online, tell him he has a game to play cuz I aint simming!

7. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I'm ready!

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Brett Favre sucks donkey balls and that pass interference was a great call. Probably shouldve been illegal contact though.

9. LeGeNd RiPs

None of this chatter matters AT ALL because Peyton Manning is the best quarterback to ever play the game of football and he's taking his boys to another superbowl win! GO COLTS!!!!

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I can't say that Peyton is the best quarterback of all time since I havent been around long enough. But watching this guy play is beautiful. They give him almost total control over the offense and he just messes around early until he figures out everything needed for his team to suceed. Then he attacks with poise and accuracy which I havent witnessed in my few adult years. Here's hoping Aaron Rodgers can be nearly as good.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Rodgers certainly has the talent to be so. Once he can begin to study the game like Peyton does, will he elevate to the next level. His arm plus feet maybe the best in the league. He has a gun and it's crazy he fell to the packers lap like that.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'm not even going to lie. I teared up a little bit when I read this.

And Brett Favre threw an interception instead of leading his team to a game winning drive in the playoffs. YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Aaron Rodgers is no joke but yall still lost to my Bucs this year so...

14. LeGeNd RiPs

Aaron rodgers is a beast and will be great but he will never have the all mighty power of Peyton Manning! lol