Casey Anthony Acquitted

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Blaza, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Tot Mom gets off on everything except lying to police which she obviously won't serve any additional time for.

Unbelievable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Gotta love our justice system /sarcasm

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I followed the case very loosely and actually told my girlfriend yesterday that I think she would get off. She was like yea right she did it, I replied it was most likely an accident and they tried to cover it up. She fired back with a comment about how it was still murder and I said no, she watched her child drowned and tried to cover the stuff up. Girl said it was neglect and murder and kept arguing that. I said yea she neglected her child but she didn't intentionally kill her child.

It is a sad case regardless she has been through all this and lost a child either accidentally or purposefully she has to live with that and for Christians, God will deal with it his way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I found the news coverage to be pretty lame. Not many of the "special commentators" they brought in knew much about what they were talking about. If you're wondering why the acquittal happened, here's why:

No one proved the cause of death. There were suggestions of drugs, and of drowning, but it was never determined for sure, and it needed to be. Sadly, this is the case because of the condition of the remains - it couldn't be determined conclusively because she had been missing too long.

Once we know this, we know we can not prove that she drowned, or that she was drugged by her mother. Each is possible, so neither can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. If you can't prove that much, then there's no way in hell you can prove premeditation. The rest is just smoke and mirrors, and ratings for the networks. The prosecution's mistake was that they overreached when they charged Casey - they worried more about public outcry at a lesser charge than they did about actually making their case, and they hoped that public outrage would trump reason, which, in the end, it didn't.

Do I think she did it? Yes. Yes I do. Would I bet on it in Vegas. Yes, I'd bet big. But ... and this is the real issue - am I willing to kill someone without being absolutely sure? 'Fraid I couldn't do that, and neither could the jury. We can shout about what should have happened, but we're all just on the sidelines here, and we do so under the assumption - false as it may be - that it could never be us on trial. Because it could, I am glad the system works as it does, even though I think Casey killed her kid. I am, however, pissed at the prosecutors for running for office in the courtroom instead of doing their jobs. Do it right, and Casey is in jail for many years. Get greedy, and put personal gain ahead of public duty, and she walks.

That's the justice system for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

This is a simple fix...just need a good vigilante

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I'm with nick on this one. I don't think she killed her child, but I also don't believe she is completely innocent here too along with her father. They were both home at the time and I honestly think that they both tried to cover it up, but ended up making things worse. They should have done what is right, but now the whole family has to live with this.

Archie is right also, the media and the prosecution made this case into a disaster. I remember back when the child was missing, the media(Nancy Grace) had such a hard-on for this girl that it turned it into a circus. The prosecution did WAY over shoot for a murder conviction, and should have went for a lesser charge.

Like I said, I don't think she intentionally killed her child, but I do believe that they tried to cover it up. Even though there won't be any justice in the courtroom, her and her family will have to live with the shame of what they have done, and they will never escape that.

7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Did she do it? Probably? Maybe?

It's not really important because the evidence wasn't sufficient. I'd rather let someone guilty go than convict someone who's innocent. All the outrage about this is ridiculous. I seriously hope that I don't ever end up in a situation where I didn't do it and I'm on trial because I'm screwed for sure if I get any of these nut jobs on jury. =/

• Like Like x 1
  8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

This is true. Here in Orlando there is nothing but pure hatred for her by the public at large. The community very much has a "lynch mob" mentality and has had that mentality since the body was found. It's been on the local news just about every night for 3 ~ years and everyone already knew she was guilty long long ago.

I'm not surprised by any of this. I don't believe everything I hear on TV like most people do. If this case was decided by 12 people that lived locally and knew the details that were broadcast (not the real details, but the manufactured and spun details) of the case before hand, they could have saved everyone the money and just found her guilty of all charges before the trial even started. She never would have gotten off with a local jury. No way.

I agree with everything AG said. At the end of all this there are some things that just are not known:

• Time / Place of death
    • How she died
    • the "crime scene" was compromised. That's if you consider where the body was ultimately found a crime scene. The crime likely didn't even happen there, so in reality the actual crime scene isn't even known.
    • no dna of substance found anywhere
    • no murder weapon
    and there's more. I don't see how you can convict anyone of capital murder, or even consider it without ALL of this. They had none of it, and the only real evidence they had of premeditation was the cpu searches and there was doubt raised on those as well.

I don't think there's anything more the prosecutors could have done. This case was lost before it even got to them.You can thank the Orange County Sheriff's dept for fucking this all up by not finding the body. By all accounts they were called several times to the location and couldn't be bothered with showing up. Which I must say seems to be pretty typical of the OCSD. Whether that's true I don't know, but that's widely believed by people in the know and hasn't been disputed as far as I know. I tend to believe it having dealt with them a few times....just seems like something they would do.

Now, being that I've had this case shoved down my throat for 3 years I'll say this and I'll try to never think of this horrific event again:

FACT: She's guilty of something. Even if it's just child neglect at the minimum. She was the primary care taker and her kid was found dead in the woods.
    FACT: She's an awful human being for pretending to give a shit about this kid and doing everything she could to stall the police before being arrested.

What happened no one knows for sure except Casey, maybe her lawyer, and maybe her father...but that's it. Everything else is pure speculation. After everything I've seen I think it's exactly what it looks like. I think she was sick of taking care of that girl, wanted to go bang dudes and party and either accidently or purposely killed this poor kid (whether it was an accident or on purpose is irrelevant to me, same crime in my eyes) panicked, and inlisted her father (an ex cop / detective) for help disposing of the body and cleaning up the mess. He helped conceal it the best he knew how and ultimately their plan worked in the eyes of a jury.

But that's just one man's opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

All I want to know is when are "they" going to set her up and make her do some serious time like this man:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. BDSDIGITAL

does she have any memorabilia out there?

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I just wanna know if she's available for babysitting. I need someone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That's wrong on so many levels. :eek:

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I am personally thrilled that she got off..Only because i hate Nancy Grace and her using exploited children to bump her ratings up..

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

God how I hate that woman.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    BDSDIGITAL

I was in clearwater when jury selection began. I could hear the news helicopters flying over it was crazy. Bottom line is people on juries are not usually the sharpest tools in the shed. I have a few friends from high school that are attorneys on both sides. They even admit to trying to get "ignorant" people (i.e. those that should be easy to manipulate on the jury pool) Ultimately you want someone who is not real good at thinking for themselves. I got jury duty last year and the instructions were to be in a tie with a sports jacket so thats what i wore while other goombas showed up in baseball hats and baggie jeans. Despite instructions specifically not to wear them. I sat in a room for 6 hours and when we were about to get seated, there was a plea bargain. I atleast wanted to be questioned so in the middle I could say "I object" :)

And to be honest, if i was on the jury and followed the letter of the law/instructions from the judge I sadly would have to say she is Not guilty. Mind you i am not saying she is innocent I am saying she is not guilty.

16. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Dont be surprised if she does a spread for penthouse......

Also I am waiting for one or more of the jurors to write a book. Anthony is given to write one since she can not be tried again

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She is hot

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

There you go, I fixed it for you

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

holy shit, i just watched a vid where a guy flipped off the camera in this trial and the judge gave him a week in jail and $400 fine. Dumb ass.

sorry i don't have the vid, here is the link

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81633613/

20. BDSDIGITAL

Well they don't have to look far around here.

21. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I kinda disagree with you. If they went for a manslaughter charge, they wouldve gotten the conviction. Instead of doing that, they went all out on a murder charge (while pounding home the capital punishment aspect) without having a cause of death, time of death, or really any other physical evidence. Its not like the defense was some OJ-like dream team either... it was a guy who couldnt pass the bar for 8 years and who started multiple brazilian wax businesses to keep himself afloat in the meantime.

22. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

23. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I was thinking the same thing. DEXTER TO THE RESCUE!

24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

BDSDIGITAL

"Like" your post 100000000 times...

Only reason this saw daylight...

1. White young mother
    2. Nancy Grace
    3. Florida
    4. Baby "missing" for so long

25. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Yeah i heard about that. DUMBASS