Casual Racers?

Discussion in 'Tradition Racing' started by DigginGraves, Nov 4, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Casual Racers?

I'm wondering what options are out there for guys that are basically casual racers? I think I'm pretty good at the game and have gotten to driver level 14 I believe...

What are the options for joining up with you guys? How often are the races? Do we get some time in advance knowing what track and cars will be used so we can set up for it?

BTW... some awesome paint jobs so far!! (y)

2. Ca$ino

Ca$ino You're Killing Me Smalls

how good you are wont keep you out of the races but if all the spots are filled for league races, you would probably get bumped due to seniority. most of us have raced together for a long time so one of us would most likely get priority to get a spot. sometimes its first come first serve though.

and if enough people want to race having 2 rooms is also possible with the top 4 from each room meeting in a final race.

this is how we used to do things, maybe things have changed. one of the other guys will have a definate answer for you.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I suck and they let me race with them.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'd say we're all pretty casual racers. There are different skill levels but I'd define casual as "what will the guy do if you knock them off the track" Most of us would laugh...

Most of the time.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I definitely want to race...but truthfully, if I wreck one of the better guys on accident how pissed are you guys gonna be? If you are, then I won't sign up

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

not any more pissed that when you roll them on your way to an NCAA title... sign up Rizzo...

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

LOL ok i'll sign up then. Start me at the back and i'll wait a few seconds before hitting the gas so less chance of taking someone out early.

but did i read it correctly, if you sign up, you have to race all 4 races? can't do 1 or 2 and then cut out?

8. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

agreed, we are not that serious about it. If it was intentionally thats a lil different, but I see no Roogy types here yet,lol.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Just race them all....if you dont have a proper car then thats a different story. but we expect everyone that signs up to race all 4.

Juggs the starting Grid is random so..........who knows???

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I am like level 15 and have like 200k in the bank. Proper car isn't the problem. Spending 2 hours racing is

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

that 200K might buy you 2 cars at the max.....

yeah to be honest this is the first time anyone ever wanted to sign up for only 1 or 2 races....dont know how to handle it to be honest.

if we have 2 rooms I don't have a problem with it.

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Ok well all 8 spots are taken anyways so moot point. I would like to race with you guys, but im not going to make it every week. so maybe if you guys have a "fun, not counting in standings" race night, ill be in for that.

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we can run two rooms with heat races, then the top half from each room can move on to the finals...

seriously, it's no big deal, hell i would like it if we had 32 racers and took the top 2 from each heat into a finals... so the more the merrier.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah juggs your making it out to be more serious and complicated then it is...just jump in. The standings are just a fun way to keep track of how you are doing.

Helli is going to mostly likely be #1 anyway.......and we all know that....I have more fun racing for 3rd and 4th sometimes rather then first. I cant handle the pressure of someone tailgating me around the track!

15. Ca$ino

was it you or Ral that would get nervous when my blacked out S class fairlady was in the rear view? i remember one of you saying that

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

thats probably Ral.........we didnt battle too much in Forza 2. Either you were way up front or wrecked!

I am a middle of the pack racer

17. Ca$ino

yeah i leaning towards it being Ral that said it. dont know if it was the car that scared him or that he knew it was me behind him.