Catching up with Carroll

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Catching up with Carroll

[​IMG]
    Coach Carroll at practice preparing his squad for Arizona.

Willing to do interview with us being on an off week.

Carroll: Things are obviously going good for us right now. We are rolling. We are preparing hard this week to go to battle with Arizona. They have our full attention. We are healthy besides McKnight and Gable. So health is not an issue this week. We have been pretty good on both sides of the ball thus far. Staying focused and determined are our objectives going forward.

Fire away guys . . . Ask any and everything.

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Simple, Do you think you are the best team this season?

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I feel like I've hired as great of football coaches that there are in the game. I feel like we have recruited the top talent around. I feel like our coaching staff prepares our kids to the best of their ability. It's not up to us to decide that stuff. We are just focused on being the best team that USC can be and when it's all said and done, if were still standing we will take that claim as the best team this season.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Is there any team out there you are afraid can knock you off your horse?

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Can Tyler fill the shoes of McKnight and Gable?

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

As we have shown in the past, we can be beaten by anybody on any given night. That's what's great about sports. The so called "underdog" can beat the favorite on any occassion. That is why we are focused and determined to respect every opponent and know that they can and will beat us if we don't prepare and execute.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Great question. We feel good about the running back situation at SC. We recruit guys that can go. Marc is one of those guys. He was one of those 5 star guys coming out of high school. He ran well at the end of the OSU game and he's chomping at the bit. Joe and CJ have taken him under their wings and done a lot to help him prepare to play. No worries at all.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Given your great ability to persuade recruits to come to USC, which player already signed will most likely make an impact next season?

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I'm not adressing the case you speak of. It will sort itself out in the court of law.

When players agree to come to USC they become part of a family. Everyone that is offered a scholarship will play for the Trojans at some point in their career. In the mean time they will receive NFL caliber coaching and practice against NFL caliber players everyday in practice. That's why you see guys who are 2nd and 3rd string players getting drafted and making NFL teams.

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

That 4 star punter we signed will start for us next year I promise you that(y)

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

BREAKING NEWS

USC HAS GONE OVER THEIR 5 STAR ALLOTMENT.

yahoo sports : Coach Carroll is it true that you have been notified of a possible recruiting violation?

Carroll: I'm gonna be honest. We didn't cross our t's and dot our I's. We recruited and accepted commitments from 2 too many 5 star guys. I got caught up in the moment and forgot to check my rule book. Luckily two of these guys are not likely to qualify and will not be on campus at USC.

I am sorry for the mishap. I hope this does not hurt us with recruits down the road.

yahoo sports: Although this is minor, there's a lot of scrutiny on how things are handled in the athletic department at USC (ie Reggie Bush, OJ Mayo). Any comments?

Carroll: As stated before I have no comment on those issues. Our AD will field and answer those questions. This situation is on me so I will comment on that. We have received our punishment from the NCAA. We will not be allowed to use the plus 3 policy regarding recruits next season. We self imposed a penalty on ourselves that we will not admit 2 of those 5 star guys. Unfortunately that decision is looking like it has been made for us as two of the recruits will more than likely be attending Hargrave Military (prep school) to qualify and play somewhere else in the future. I cannot release their names right now but I will when I can.

Thank you.

12. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Classy guy, he accepted his punishment like a man. You'll be ok sdid, lol..

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Statement from Pete Carroll

The ATH from New Jersey Mikey henderson

and the

MLB V. Phillips will not be attending USC.

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

BCS CHAMPIONSHIP PRESS RELEASE

Carroll: We are happy to be able to represent the PAC 10 in the BCS Championship game. We fought hard this year to go 12-0 and not have the USC slip up that everyone has grown accustomed to over the years. We are goin into this game starting Mustain and Tyler. Gable and Corp may be available we may throw them in there as we go. I would really like to thank our OLine for an outstanding season. They were the key to our success.

The challenge we face is getting our defense to perform at championship level. I will be personally responsible for making sure they are ready. Some how . . . Some way . . . we will get it done.