Cavs Trade w/ Detroit

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by BDSDIGITAL, Oct 28, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Cavs send A. Jamison 74 ovr , 1 yr 15.08 mil PF / SF to Detroit for B. Gordon 73 ovr B+ potential 2 yr 24 mil

Detroit just traded for Manu and Gordon is gonna sit. He's way behind Ginobilli on the Depth Chart. Detroit gives up a little talent but they get a much easier contract to deal with long term. Jamison also would start for them right now at PF. I get a need position that I don't have to sign / keep long term if I don't want to, with 2 years left on his deal. But makes me more flexible in the back court so I can try to package up one of my PG's for another big.

2. BDSDIGITAL

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Approved, assuming it works for both teams under the cap.

4. BDSDIGITAL

It's very close. What if I added Eyenga 60 ovr 2/2.27 for Chris Wilcox 61 ovr 1/1.4

that swap makes it valid.

Dru50 Bondzai007

5. Dru50

Works for me.

6. Dru50

BDSDIGITAL

You online? Want to play our game on the schedule?

7. BDSDIGITAL

I'm gonna go ahead and execute the trade. I can't imagine Bond is really going to veto it. It's about as fair of a trade as they come.

8. Dru50

That's fine. Bond and I usually see eye to eye on trades, I can't see him having an issue with this.

He is traveling today I think, which is probably why he hasn't responded.

9. BDSDIGITAL

I think the Pistons rejected my offer of Jameson and Eyenga for Gordon and Wilcox ?

But in the trade finder they're willing to give me Will Bynum instead of Wilcox? Bynum is a 69 ovr and young. But I don't want Bynum...

Edit: Is there a way to see if a trade has been rejected? Also, if I really had to take Bynum or someone like that the only real piece I have is Joey Graham to add.

10. Dru50

If the trade isn't showing as pending in the console, that means the CPU rejected it. You can try again to see what they want, what I've found works best is for you to use the trade finder to see what the pistons would want for Gordon. So far it seems if you propose one of the deals that cones out that way, without altering it at all, then the CPU seems most likely to accept it. It can be a bit of trial and error though.

Make sure to post whatever deal you'd like to try first so Bondzai007 and I can review it.

11. BDSDIGITAL

that's what doesn't make any sense. If I put Jamison in the trade finder Gordon comes up. It doesn't matter if Twan is by himself or in a package Gordon comes up every time. I'm sure if I offered Jamison for Gordon straight up it would go through, but there was a 500k difference that had to be made up to make the trade valid. That's the only reason I added the scrubs in the first place. They just seem hell bent on over paying for my out casts.

Fucking Dumars man.

Anyway I want to make this work, I think it improves my team and future.

Let me throw a few scenario's out there.

I don't want to take Bynum. I'm over loaded at PG as it is. The only parts I have of equal value are guys I don't want to trade, namely Graham and Gee.

So if I have to take Bynum what if I keep my Eyenga on the deal and take on Bynum. I'll agree to immediately trade Bynum to any cpu that wants him for a player 7-9 points less than him. So as soon as I get him on the roster I'll move him immediately to a team that is light at PG for a big between 61-63 in rating...pretty much a 3 team trade except in the case of team #3 they are just a beneficiary and really are not giving up anything. On the surface that might seem un sim, but it might not be a bad thing to help a cpu team improve in a case like this.

Or I will keep trying combo's of supporting players until I find something they'll accept.

12. BDSDIGITAL

btw, although this situation is kind of dumb and not realistic (I doubt either team would let the semantics get in the way of making this work in real life) I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE the fact that in order to make a trade like this you have to think, and really kind of have to put your "gm hat" on...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dru50

What options does it give you if you go to 'trade finder', go to detroit and select Gordon? It should give you 3-5 trade scenarios that Detroit would accept and I'd imagine one would include Jamison.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BDSDIGITAL

i didn't know you could do that..... :)

dru dropping knowledge.

15. Dru50

:D

16. BDSDIGITAL

ok fuck. They're playing hard ball.

What if I add Parker 67 ovr 1 yr 1.4 mil for Bynum 69 B pot 2 yr 7 mil

If this is accepted I'm turning right around and trading Bynum or the Beard by sundown tomorrow.

17. Dru50

That's fine with me, although you won't be allowed to trade Bynum until the offseason (that was noted as a rule in the reboot thread. That same rule prevents me from trading Dragic and the crazy contract the CPU gave him after they accepted my trade until the offseason.

18. BDSDIGITAL

19. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Just a quick question but if you acquire both Gordon and Bynum in this deal is where does it leave the Pistons backcourt? Just the starters of Manu and Stuckey?

20. BDSDIGITAL

I'm watching the buckeye game and I don't remember off the top of my head but I think remember them having 4 PG and a few sg. I'm also sending back Parker so they're only minus 1 guard in the deal anyway.

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Thats right, forgot about AP

22. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Yes