CC Results

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Darr27z, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Coach Cheez adhered to the doctors' advice and is staying in Murfreesboro for one more year.

... Now, if only I can get that 5 star QB.

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

whygodwhy1111 got screwed. And now I have to have him in my conference. FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I was tempted to take the Rice jib

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I can not enter the dynasty

6. aarondramp

I was able to get in. I think that we just need recchem2000 to advance past the CC.

7. sreese

sreese Walk On

Hey atleast all of you got head coaching jobs. boda is oc at uab as of now. That was the last job left and the cpu wouldnt allow him to decline the job, lol. Greed!;)

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We gotta figure out what the hell to do from here guys...there just are not enough good jobs and the guys who left got worse jobs (some of them at least) with boda being a coord, i don't even know what to do. Any thoughts?

I have a busy day...in laws in town so im gonna be hit and miss on the boards all weekend

9. Cheez

I have an idea...

10. aarondramp

I say let the guys that left have their old jobs back if they would like them. In real life, if a coach listened to a few offers but wasn't interested then they would just stay at their current job. The only exception I can think of is when BC fired their coach who interviewed somewhere else.

11. aarondramp

Are whygodwhy1111 and mboda the guys that ended up getting screwed over? If so, can we give them Army and UTEP back? We are all learning here, so I would think I wouldn't be the only one willing to let them undo leaving their school.

12. mboda

mboda Walk On

How would we get our old jobs back? would we have to start a new coach or what

13. sreese

sreese Walk On

I dont wanna be a dick but i disagree. As for whygod i have no clue why he didnt get any offers. But everyone else had atleast 3 head coach job offers. Hell im pretty sure that cougs, boda and dakota declined the rice job before whygod got it. I mean if you out there waiting for some great offer and you get nothing there has to be some penalty.

My idea would be they stay were they are and we open up coordinator jobs from here on out. I wouldnt really care if you made boda the hc but if we change anything they are going to lose all of the previous 2 seasons of data and records. im pretty sure the only way to change coaches and teams is to boot the player and reinvite them. So i guess that would be up to them.

14. sreese

sreese Walk On

im pretty sure you would boda. i couldnt do anything last night as commish thats why i didnt advance us. Thought maybe someone knew something i didnt.

15. aarondramp

I think the commish can change where you are the coach. I know in one my OD's the commish changed my school. I don't know if that can be done if CC is turned on, though.

16. sreese

sreese Walk On

i was commish last night and i couldnt do anything but maybe recc can.

17. aarondramp

sreese

I understand your opinion. I just disagree since we are all still learning how the carousel works. In real life, a coach that has done what WGW and boda have done would be allowed to return to their jobs if they went out looking at other jobs.

18. Cheez

I didnt. I had 2. Akron and UNLV

19. sreese

sreese Walk On

So i think we have all learned something from this. It might be smart from now on to sign your extension unless you wanna be left with who knows what team. Its def like rolling the dice. But if you have that extension you can look at other schools and be safe.

Darr says that you cant look for new jobs the season you sign you contract or extension. So that would mean it would be the other years of your contract when you might be able to make a move and still have you old job to fall back on.

20. sreese

sreese Walk On

Sorry cheez but i was refering to the 3 guys that didnt have jobs at all. whygod, boda and cougs. The only with out multiple head coach offers was whygod. I have no clue why that is. Whygod and i discussed this last night. Maybe it was his indepentness or his offense, really no idea.

Im pretty sure the only reason i was even offered a new job was because i beat #11 utah in my bowl game. I didnt win the conference and went 8-5.

21. aarondramp

It appears that bowl wins have a huge impact on prestige. WGW made it to two BCS bowls but lost, so he has a B prestige. The coaches that won their bowl game have an A+. This seems a bit disproportionate to me.

22. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

The whole problem with the CC is that no one knows what is open, that is the biggest problem with the CC. I would have stayed at Idaho if I knew what was open, and who was interested in me. Going to WSU is fine, it is a BCS program, so that is a positive. The only one of us got a steal, and that is Darr. How the CC should work is that there should be rounds to this, everyone can apply for a job, and then the CPU decides who is the best candidate. Then when new jobs open up we apply for those jobs in the next round. That sounds a lot simpler than last night.

23. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think that's part of the risk. Its a gamble...."do I take my contract extension or gamble that a team will want me?" Then once you're a free agent, "should I take this job or wait, hoping that there will be a better one later?" (boda's issue). Its the same for everyone, after year 1 I had to choose if I was re-upping with Tulane or gamble and find a better job. I think the best time to move jobs in during a multi-year deal. I had a blast last night, I was safe at Tulane but kept getting offers. I almost took Wazzu. I really wanted UCLA. I should've tried to apply....did anyone try that feature last night?

As far as the number of job openings, most of the "good jobs" had 3 or 4 year deals to start with. Most of the openings last night were contracts expiring. We will see more jobs after seasons 3 and 4.

• Like Like x 1