CC- Unrealisitc expectations

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BRUCE80, Aug 3, 2011.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Anyone else seeing the bar being raised a bit early?

We are having a great season this year but the goals are going up with it. All the sudden we ripped off a nice winning streak and a goal shows up that says win 8 games....well going into this year I wouldnt have expected to win 8 games...I was hoping for six and a bowl.

My team is going to be a touch better next season at most spots but we take a huge hit on the dline. I am scared that if I stay the goals are going to be so high I cant meet em and ill get canned!

What do you think you will do after this season? If you get a better offer will you stay or will you go?

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I think you wont be offered shit! So you will have no choice but stay....:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. BRUCE80

I didnt ask what you thought would happen to me ahole...I asked what you would do...gosh dang it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Not all of the goals have a negative impact and you don't have to meet all of your goals to get an offer or keep your job. I failed 2 or 3 last year and got offered the DC job at Mississippi State.

As far as my plans, I'm excited to see what the CC has to offer again this year and curious to see how long it takes for me to get a HC offer that I'll want to accept. This season has been great for my Coaching Prestige, it's up to a B+ after the last advance. I have 3 goals left, 2 of which I can make. We're getting lit up in the passing game right now, so that 2800 yards given up is coming at us like a freight train. I'm pretty confident that I'll keep my opponents under the point total and rush yards goals, I'm also pretty sure we're gonna get destroyed in Tuscaloosa next week, but the silver lining in that is I won't have to play an extra game in the SEC Championship that would make my goals harder to make.

Should be fun and I look forward to seeing where everyone ends up this offseason.

5. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Some of them have a MUCH greater impact than others. You don't have to meet all the goals to continue to raise your prestige and get better job offers. Because FSU was 3-5 when I played them I got a negative milestone for losing to a lower ranked team, even though they are a full let grade more talented than me.

6. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

The good thing about signing a 3 year contract with Colorado was that once I reached the goals set before me, they went away as having been achieved. Now I only have 2 more goals to reach in my 3 year contract. Hopefully those unrealistic expectations will not show up until i have to renew my contract and hopefully by then I will have recruited well enough to have a realistic shot at meeting those lofty goals. I knew at some point I would reach all of the original goals, the only thing about rebuilding a team of the caliber of mine and say Bruce's is will we have brought in the right talent by the time the contract is over/renewed to reach the goals set before us.

I plan on staying and trying to build Colorado into a power house program. There is alot of work to do, mainly as far as bringing in Championship caliber players, but hopefully it will get done.

7. BRUCE80

Much like RTP my plan is to stay at WAZZU till they are built, unless a kick ass offer came up. I mean if I could move to Penn State, Miami, some dream program I would most likely do it.

But I really like WSU and they were the lowest of the low honestly....and Washington isnt a hot bed for crootin...so its gonna take time to build them. The occational four star mixed in with three stars that mature into good players and mix in some jucos and see what happens.

8. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

I plan to stay at Navy unless 1 of 4 jobs open up. You guys are atleast having some success. I had such a sharp drop off in talent its been amazing I have the few wins I do have. Hopefully the recruits will pan out as I have 28 freshman on the roster now and hope to add 20+ more. I'd have to imagine it will take 4+ years to be relevant at Navy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Exactly how I feel about FIU. I'm in it for the long haul though, it's gonna feel thatmuch better when I build them up into a powerhouse in the BCS...in about 18 seasons! :p

10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i had planned on staying at Syracuse but that may not be possible only time will tell