Archived CC

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigtubb_, Aug 23, 2011.

1. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Anyone else feel a little jaded about coaching carousel? honestly, I will give EA the benefit of the doubt since it dropped this year but man. What erks me is that your success as a coach is contingent upon random cpu generated goals. Its not an issue until you take competitiveness into account overall. Recruiting and job offers are based soley on your rating and job security. Yet, your performance is very fluid at best and is really determined by the goals you meet. I wont say who but as I have been watching this unfold some of you are really lucky based on the goals the the cpu generated for you. People with 1 and 2 year contracts are so lucky. I hate that I get penalized for success.

Here is my main issue though (to get to the point). I had/have 8 goals in my contract. 4 off these goals were goals i had to meet in a season and the other four were goals i have to meet in each season. That's a big difference. I met the 4 goals in a season and went up to a C rating and 74 or 75 percent approval. By the end of the season I destroyed our expectations. We win 10 games, I have the freaking Heisman winner and we gain 5000+ yards of total offense. The last two games I lose to two lower rated teams (one is freaking USC) and get raped for the losses while the head coach and defense Co don't take any blame at all. I lost 12 approval rating points and dropped to a D+ rating and the head coach lost 1 point. The defense coach didn't lose 1 point even though his defense was routinely raped. He still has a 100 approval rating all because he meet 10/10 goals under his 1 year contract. His contract included stuff like get 1 def Td, 3 ints, 3 fum rec and 22 sacks was on his list of things to accomplish. Seriously, i might need to step down to a 1 star school as head coach, lol. Success as a 2 star OC seems to hurt rather than help atm. Bastard Head coach is taking credit for the wins i get him also....he will meet 10/13 goals with the other three pending.

[​IMG]

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I have no room to say anything but........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

========================

I agree though, great from EA but poorly executed in some aspects

bigtubb_

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm a dummy because bigtubb_ post has me confused. I have no clue what the point of that building is...

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And are you mad for overachieving? Bruh, you wasn't going to get that USC job no matter how well you did in your 1st season :)

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

No, I'm mad because i overachieved but was penalized when the team lost to a lower rated team. The head coach and defensive coach went almost unscathed--which makes no sense to me--but i was raped. For example, if you were the oc at Michigan and your team jumped to #5 mid season. But, Oklahoma, which has a A+ team and was preseason #1, lost two or three games and was rated 23, beat you 35-31. How would you feel if your team put up over 500 yards but ur defense gave up 600+ yards a accomplished not one a 3 and out How would u feel?

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I would quietly mumble curse words towards the game's developer :)

9. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Losing to lower ranked teams is probally the worst penalty, i lost to 3 lower ranked teams and you lose 6-8% each time

• Like Like x 1
  10. KnightNoles

salt mill bro..

• Like Like x 1
  11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, lol