CCM Questions; Tutorial Available??

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by JSimms, Aug 30, 2012.

1. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Just a thought - to ensure that everyone in the league is on a level playing field (considering that this is the first CCM for all of us here), does someone have a link to, or are we going to be provided with a post with important information regarding the new system? For an example, I would think that answers to some of the questions below would benefit the masses:

1) Will we be playing pre-season games, or simming them? If playing them, will we need to sub manually or will this be done automatically? How are we going to protect against things like offensive starters being subbed in at other positions?

2) How do we change overall scheme for offense and defense? Does the playbook we actually end up using affect player attributes in-game? For example, if most of my players are 4-3 guys, and my team offense is a 4-3 but I use a 3-4 team playbook...how will this affect player attributes in-game?

3) Any guidance on how to apply XP as they are earned for progression?

4) Scouting - why would someone do scouting throughout the year (before they know what draft pick they will have), rather than simply saving them up until the beginning of the offseason?? Would we be risking losing them, or of them expiring if we do the latter??

I'm sure there will be many more questions as we move forward. Unlike some, I won't have much extra time to go through offline CCM's to learn some of these things the hard way.

Thanks!

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

1. We will be playing them. You can pause the game and manage your subs accordingly. Especially watch out for K/P subs in the 2nd qtr on .

2. Scheme effects overall rating.. so playbook changes will impact your guys.

3. Im not tellin!!!

4. Scouting points don't expire.. as long as you use them before week 17 is done your fine.

3. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Is changing a scheme, and changing a playbook different, or one in the same? How do we change our team schemes on offense and defense??! If we can't, are you telling me that I'm stuck with West Coast / 4-3 schemes for the duration of the CCM? Also, how do the individual player slots (WR1, WR2, etc.) scheme changes play a role?

4. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

You stop accumulating scouting points at 10K, that seems to be the most you can save.

5. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I am guessing that if you want to change your playbooks, that will change your scheme, and thus you will want to start drafting and signing free agents that fit said scheme. I could be mistaken.

6. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Pretty sure that there's a glitch with the scheme settings and no matter what you do your scheme will stay the same. You can use different play books but I think this may affect the way your coach will see ovr ratings so people should keep that in mind if they are using the Jets and want to look for some speedy backs, same goes for people who switch their defenses to 4-3/3-4

7. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

So is the team specific playbook the best playbook for that team in terms of OVR to get the most out of your players? Has anyone looked into this or found a playbook on either side of the ball that makes your team better than your team specific playbook?

8. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

I run the play books I know. I know what my Players can do. Freeny and Mathis are OLB that are cover 2 scheme. I rush the QB with em. With success I might add. I scout every 5 weeks since I learned they cap off.