CCM: scheme

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Randiesel75, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I see this topic debated quite a bit, so would like a bit more clarity.

1. Team schemes (offense and defense) = Was the intention for these to be hard-coded whereby a coach cannot change these for his team?
    2. Player scheme and style = In terms of onboarding new players, I am under the impression these should match-up with the team scheme or else the players overall rating will take a hit. How substantial is the rating hit for pulling players that do not match your team scheme (hard-coded) and style (editable)?
    If the hard-coding of a scheme is done intentionally, then I would have to assume it only changes when your roster changes (bringing in players with different player schemes, not necessarily style).

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

I have seen quite a few guys take hits because they don't fit my scheme. Aquib talib is the one on the top of my head right now. Oh and Rashean(?) Mathis

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Thanks Randy. I would like to know the answers as well. I have yet to find a CB who plays in the 3-4 zone blitz scheme. Im wondering how badly this will impact me.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I've been through more CCM drafts than you could shake a stick at, there as as many 34 zone blitz CBs as there are 43 attacking. Not many, but I'll live.

5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I do wonder to, if you've got your preferred player type as a Man-to-man CB, but you've got a Zone CB(who's less overall,) does his zone ability still take a hit? If that makes sense.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

1. Changing the overall scheme is bugged right now. You can however change the roles to reflect a change in scheme, which is effectively the same thing.
    2. Overall is subjective in relation to scheme. Literally the only thing that fluctuates is overall, so all that is changing is the formula to calculate overall.

• Like Like x 3
  7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Thanks. Now that I know it's "bugged," do you know of any intention to patch it relatively soon? And if so, will it be retroactive to all the CCM's already started?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    There are two different concepts in "patches" now.

1) Server side updates. An example of this is the initial bug where your changes to player specific scheme changes not persisting from week to week. They fixed that one night this week. Another example is the ability to see the attributes of players in the upcoming draft class, that was patched one night this week also.

This is possible because much of online CCM lies on the server instead of the console.

2) Console patches. This is the only way to fix offline CCM. This also includes items (gameplay, UI) that doesn't reside on the server.

I think that this issue falls into #2, but I'm not sure. Long answer to say I have no idea when it will be patched and the effect on existing CCM's.

The bug is in no way deal breaking, as that overarching scheme really only adjusted the individual player scheme preferences, and you can do that and have it stick now.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

So...if you sign a player that doesn't fit your scheme, all that needs to be done is change the individual player scheme preference for that position (WR1, CB2, etc). Is this correct??

My second question - how does the actual playbook you utilize affect player attributes in-game?

Thanks, Shaun!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    1) You can change your scheme, but the only real effect it will have is change his overall.
    2) It doesn't.

• Like Like x 2
  11. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

1) so I know there is no custom playbooks but in CCM, you can't even change your playbook? stuck with it for 30 yrs with no changes? this correct?

2) did i mess something up? i was very thorough, but in preseason we all have to cancel out of gameflow every single play. i do not see a setting in any sliders or commissioner settings to turn this off and make conventional default universally nor individually. what did i do?

12. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Yall just try and find Hybrid multiple front CB's. js.

13. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I'm wondering how much the overall scheme plays into a players ratings, versus how much their individual play-type does. Since after all the scheme is just a reflection of 11 player types rolled into one big ball.

I think you might be better off finding players of a certain type that fit what you want to do with that position. That is easier to do, since you can tell what the player type is by reading the description in the scheme part of the CCM. i.e. you know the difference between a Pocket Passer and a Field General is the FG takes throwing on the run and play action more into consideration in his overall, compared to just accuracy and power for the PP.

The key then is taking those position types and truly integrating them into how you play the game. i.e. if you pick a M2M CB1 just because that fits what you have and your scheme, but you play mostly zone ... well then that OVR boost doesn't matter anyway.

14. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I don't know if I would call it a "boost". From what I have seen, the OVR is just calculated differently depending on the scheme (taking the ratings of the player and calculating his effectiveness in that role). There isn't actually a "boost" or penalty to the player's ratings. The game is just trying to show you that they will be less/more effective in that role.