CCM: scouting

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Randiesel75, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Is there a clear advantage to weekly scouting or could a coach effectively complete scouting in a single shot at the end of the season?

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    As far as I can tell there is no real advantage to doing it weekly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

When I play I do it right before the draft. Then I know crystal clear what my needs are and my best chance to get them filled.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Well hypothetically you avoid the risk of wasting points on a guy who may quit football or withdraw from the draft if you wait til the end, right?

5. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Um yea that too!

6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Roggie RyanC and I were curious to what some of the ratings mean. Predictability being one, Consistency and Confidence being the others.

For predictability, the only thing we thought of IIRC was that it could mean that a WR is easier to read, from a defensive standpoint, on what route he's running. Or that a QB who often goes to a certain player/position in a certain situation would be easier to read. As for defense, maybe that they're worse at disguising coverage, or they always bite on a pump fake, etc. etc. Not sure who to tag here, so I'll leave it to Rog/Ryan to do it for me. :p

7. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Are you scouting during the season or waiting until the end of the season when your scouting points total up?

9. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I, personally, am scouting during the season. Gives me an opportunity to narrow down my targets.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

I save up until the end of the season - I think there is more of an advantage to wait because you have a much better idea in terms of needs for your team, what you want to shape your team more a certain way, and where to look in regards of projections since by the last couple weeks of the season you have an idea if you are in the top 10 or the later half of the draft. Just my two cents

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

This is where I'm at, just wanted to see what others in the community are doing.

12. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I'm not sure about predictability and confidence. Seems like predictability could be one of those ratings that's useless if you're playing the game, ala the Kick Return rating. I'd guess confidence determines whether or not a player can get easily rattled by making bad plays. i.e. "quick sand" - one bad play leads to another, and another before they're useless.

Consistency is how prone they are to cold and hot streaks. The higher the consistency, the more often they play at their actual ratings.

• Like Like x 1