Champ goes down

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hokie Effect, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Champ goes down

The Hokies suffered their first defeat of the season to Georgia 34-28. Georgia played well and their defense stopped my running game. I was forced to throw the ball which Tyrod hasn't had to all year and it showed. He threw 4 picks, 3 in the red zone (last 1 on my game winning drive) and 1 returned for a TD. Add a fumble to that and I had 5 turnovers.

My kicking game sucks as well. I missed 2 easy 30 yarders. That makes me 6 for 15 on the year since the slider change. So if it is 4th and less than 5 I am going for it.

I guess I jinxed myself with the thread about National title hopes. Well we are stilll mathematically alive for the BCS title, but I will need some help. Someone just please beat those Gators.

2. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

I hate to hear that Hokie........ That will just piss you guys off for next week. Looking foward to the big ACC showdown.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I just hope my guys can gather their emotions back. We were having BCS title talks too early. I am too looking foward to this ACC battle and rebounding back from that heart breaking first loss. Good luck to you.