Champion Vs Champion Rd 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dub, Oct 17, 2009.

1. dub

dub Banned

Champion Vs Champion Rd 3

Buffalo pulls of a huge upset over Southern Miss ..

The game started off as a defensive battle. With each them having to punt often early on. I did break off a huge run (which turned out to be my only real run) to get us in striking distance, and punched it in. However that was my only offensive touchdown the whole first half as Southern Miss's D held me down on A LOT of 3rd and Shorts, It felt like I was always in 4th and 1.
    Southern Miss then had a great balance with the Run and Pass. Buffalo's game plan, limit D Brown, we keyed in on him all game, even on running plays.. Even though Brown couldn't be stopped, he was limited..One pick, he went up caught the ball, took the hit which jared the ball loose, and my FS was johnny on the spot for the pick and touchback..
    Southern Miss didn't have too much of a problem moving the ball. However, the Buffalo defense did make plays.

Two big plays of the game.

One - it was 17-7 Southern Miss, and he stopped me yet again on a 3rd and Short causing me to punt. I Made a real good punt as he was still in his regular Defense (which he did a lot because of all those 4th and 1's) we downed it at the 5 yard line. Next play I sent a Blitz, and he called a QB draw..mistake. Fumble-TD 17-14.

Two- 2nd and 10 down 17-14, I saw him playing a cover three, so I changed my WR to run a 10 yard hitch. His CB read it jumped to pick it off, it went either right over his finger tips or threw his hands to my WR. For a big gain TD. 21-17

All in all it was a good game.. Hats off to Southern Miss, again a little bit of luck was on my side.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Was this a ranked game against someone from the top 100? Why wouldn't you come out in punt return?

impressive win none the less...I just don't like the sound of that, doesn't sound very realistic.

3. dub

dub Banned

It wasn't me, it was Southern Miss (IKE), and I don't blame him.

Again, I had a lot of 4th and 1's. It was very much realistic because, honestly if I knew I could go for it, I probably would've. But I couldn't remember the rules for 4th and 1, some if not most of the situations I was in the lead..

Anyway, it was realistic for him to play regular D on 4th and 1, and like at the 40 yard line.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I knew it was him....just sayin..

it's fine...sounds like a good game from both parties involved