Champions League and Europa League Round 1 Season 2 Fixtures

Discussion in 'TCL: Tradition Cup Events' started by niuhuskie224, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Welcome to the Champions League Quarterfinals and the Europa League Semi-Finals​
    Congratulations to our Group A and B winners from the Champions League​
    Group A - @ryalaman​
    Group B - @JFace907

Congrats to our Europa Group Winner who wins the group via tiebreaker (head to head)​
    @hedache​

That being said, a quick reminder of the format for the tournament portion of the CL and Europa Cup​

During the tournament round, we will be playing a home and home aggregate with the tie breaker being most away goals. In the event that there is a tie at the end of the second game, we will be going to the GOLDEN GOAL tiebreaker with penalty kicks if needed after a full 120 minutes of extra time. This means you start a new game once a tie has been determined and whoever scores first wins the round. If tied at the end of 90 minutes, play the two overtime periods. If at the end of the two overtime periods the score is still tied, go to penalty kicks.​

Now to the fun part. The match-ups.​

Group A and Group B winners have a bye week. @JFace907 is the overall top seed and will face the winner from the quarterfinals with the least amount of points from group play.​

Champions League Matchups
    Fulham vs. Tottenham
    Hamburg SV vs. Arsenal
    Europa Cup Matchups
    Istanbul vs. Napoli
    Everton vs. AC Milan

I will be doing a more formal bracket after the conclusion of this round.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    @ryalaman​
    @Knightnoles​
    @Blaza​
    @Killernuts​
    @JFace907​
    @elPrez98​
    @Michael Woodward​
    @Rynoaid​
    @Darlon​
    @hedache​

2. hedache

hedache Walk On

@KillerNuts we have a bunch of games to play. I should be around all weekend in the evening and such. Let's get this going.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

It's only 2. :)

I have been on the entire week from the middle of the day until midnight at the earliest and 3 am at the latest. If you hop on in the evening I'll probably be there.

4. hedache

hedache Walk On

Well I work during the day. And in the evenings I've had stuff going on. When I checked later you were gone already. And the only time we were on at the same time you preferred clubs I guess. I should be around this weekend late in the night. Hopefully we can get it in before weekdays come and my schedule gets tight. We also have the league game so it's at least 3 games we have to play. That's like more than an hour to spend just playing each other. Probably about 90 minutes with breaks and such.

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Oh, I forgot it's home and home now.

But yeah, I am usually on from noon to at least midnight, just hop on and send me a party invite or something.

6. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Wow. I finally get to get stomped by the great @Blaza, huh?

7. hedache

hedache Walk On

Thanks. I have an article about it at the club page

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Unlucky draw. If him and @KillerNuts could have played, you may have found yourself with an easier one.

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I must say i'm a HUGE Tottenham and/or Hamburg fan right now. I may be the next in line to get screwed over by Blaza and Killer's lack of playing their game. Now that i've called out two of my potential opponents, i hope the target on my back isn't too big :p

10. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

I'm just not sure what to expect with @Blaza. If it were Fulham, I'd be ok. I play Fulham enough to know what to expect with them. But hey we got here by playing pretty tough defense and plus, we were pretty unlucky against Man City;).

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Expect to play against a pretty good simulation of Arsenal. Lots of slick passing and quality finishing with RVP.

12. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Van Persie is a bit injury prone right? :D

13. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

With a howler or 2 in net thrown in there if we're really talking about simulating Arsenal soccer.

14. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

15. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

@KnightNoles
    @Michael Woodward
    @Darlon
    @RynoAid

We need to get these in. I see not effort to schedule and if these are not completed by tonight, I will have to work out something to keep this moving.

In addition, if I see zero posts and we do not get these games in, potential banning from the CL for next season could occur.

Thanks

16. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Fulham - Tottenham = completed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.