Champions League and Europa League Week 1 Results

Discussion in 'TCL: Tradition Cup Events' started by niuhuskie224, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

TFL 2011 Champions League and Europa Cup Result Thread - Week 1

Posting Match Results

It is the responsibility of the winning club owner to post the results and summaries that immediately follow each match. In the event of a draw, the responsibility then falls onto the home club.​
    NEW for season-2 is we are now required to capture both assists and the man of the match.

Example:

===================

Week-3 (matchday 6)

Villarreal (2) v Everton (1)

Villarreal
    :goal:Nilmar (39)
    :goal:Rossi (90)

Assists:
    Bruno
    Capdevilla

:yellowcard:Marchena (73)​

Man of the Match:
    Capdevilla

Everton
    :goal:Cahill (77)

Assists:
    Saha
    :yellowcard:Heitinga (51)
    :redcard:Coleman (70)
    ====================

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Champions League Week 1

Manchester City (2) AC Milan (1)

Man City
    Goals:
    :goal:V. Kompany (85')

Bookings:
    None

AC Milan
    Goals:
    :goal:Alexandre Pato (32')
    [OG] L. Antonini (72')

Bookings:
    :yellowcard:I. Abate (85')

Great game @RynoAid

Crazy ass game. I missed a wide open net with Tevez early on and not 5 minutes later he cashes in with Pato. I honestly thought i was done at that point. A little bit of luck and a call to my set piece hero Mr. Kompany and Man City literally steals 3 points to start off their European campaign!

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

that was a painful loss, we had a few chances to go up 2-0 and extend it out, but City denied us and put the pressure on in the 2nd causing an own goal on an attempted clear.

after that i had a sinking feeling that it was not to be my day. GG JFace, game could have gone either way and hinged on just a few plays.

4. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

Week-1 (matchday 1)

Valenica (2) v Zenit (1)

Valencia C.F
    :goal:Soldado (52)
    :goal:Soldado (56)

Zenit
    :goal:N.Lombaerts (83)

Good Game.​

5. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

(2) Tottenham v AC Milan (2)

Tottenham

:goal:G.Bale 89'
    :goal:J.Defoe 90'

:yellowcard:M.Dawson 78'

AC Milan

:goal:Alexandre Pato 55'
    :goal:Z.Ibrahimović 60'

:yellowcard:Thiago Silva 29'

2 Goals 2
    18 Shots 7
    15 Shots on Target 3
    50% Possession 50%
    24 Tackles 33
    4 Fouls 3
    1 :yellowcard: 1
    0:redcard: 0
    5 Corners 1
    83% Shot Accuracy 42%
    82% Pass Accuracy 75%

What a game. AC Milan is surely frustrated after letting the 2-0 lead slip away in the last 2 minutes of the game. Tottenham largely dominated in quality of possession as seen by the shots and shots on target but some miraculous saves by the Milan keeper and even by the defenders throwing their bodies in front of shots, plus some baffling choices by the forwards kept Milan in it. Milan made the most of their chances with two headers in the space of 5 minutes slotted into the corners. Tottenham headed one off the post, twice cut in toward goal with a bending shot from an acute angle open only to have each player shoot with the outside of the foot closest to the goalie (and their weaker foot!) to completely eliminate the angle, making it a routine save for the Milan keeper. Defoe got a shot on an open net only to have a defender dive in front of the shot to send it out for a corner. Crouch had a one on one but quite obviously mishit it terribly and the goalie saved it. Then, just when all hope seemed to be lost, Bale got open for a 25 yard shot that he rocketed into the right corner with his trademark left....Game on.....AC Milan then drove down for a cross that got intercepted. The ball eventually wound up to Defoe who curved it into the top right corner from about 23 yards out to seal the draw.

6. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

===================

Week-1 (matchday 1)

Aston Villa (1) v Hamburg (1)

Aston Villa

:goal:Downing (14)

:yellowcard:Calos Cuellar (55)
    :yellowcard:Petrov (71')

Hamburg

:goal:Ze' Roberto (35')

1 Goals 1
    10 Shots 10
    3 Shots on Target 8
    54% Possession 46%
    12 Tackles 20
    6 Fouls 2
    2 :yellowcard: 0
    0:redcard: 0
    0 Corners 5
    30% Shot Accuracy 80%
    85% Pass Accuracy 83%

====================

Very even game. Villa did a good job of maintain possessions and making Hamburg pay for any attacks with strong counters. We didn't do the greatest job placing our headers on the 5 crosses we had. All in all, a great game.

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

And with that Man City sits atop the group after week 1 as the lone winner! Man that set piece goal by Kompany looks that much bigger now!

8. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

no one else posted for europa league but me?i guess im on top for now

9. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

2 Everton - Lyon 1

Disconnected after the final whistle so I don't have the times.

:goal:Gomis
    :yellowcard:Neville
    :goal:Baines
    :goal:Saha

10. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

Can't believe I gifted Baines that goal with having Lloris charge out. :( Still, it was set up by Arteta slicing down the field.

11. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

I was pretty impressed with myself when I was able to pass that just before your keeper got to me right to his foot.

12. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

so i'm either up against Insta or Everton :p

13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 1

Benfica (1) vs Napoli (1)

Benfica
    :goal: Saviola (15)
    :yellowcard: Saviola (82)

Napoli
    :goal: Cavani (65)

14. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Napoli (1) v Benfica (1)
    Napoli
    :goal:Cavani

Benfica
    :goal:Saviola
    :yellowcard:Saviola

15. hedache

hedache Walk On

Europa League Week 1

Istanbul BB (4) v Everton (2)

Istanbul BB
    :goal: 11' G. Unal
    :goal: 24' Holosko
    :goal: 52' G. Unal
    :goal: 90' Holosko

Everton
    :goal: 27' Cahill
    :goal: 42' L. Saha

Istanbul BB v Everton
    4 Goals 2​
    9 Shots 8​
    7 On Target 5​
    63% Possession 37%​
    20 Tackles 19​
    1 Fouls 1​
    0 :yellowcard: 0​
    0 :redcard: 0​
    1 Offsides 0​
    1 Corners 2​
    When Istanbul BB took a 2-0 lead early in the game, they took a deep breath thinking their strong Premier League counter part will not be as hard as it seemed on paper. That feeling did not last long. Cahill scored 3 minutes later. And big gun Saha tied it before half was over. It was a brand new game after half time. Istanbul BB would be happy to steal a point, but after scoring 2 quick goals, they were encouraged.​
    About same duration into second like it was in the first half, Istanbul forwards Holosko, Serhat and Gokhan Unal decided to play tic tac toe up front bringing the fans some beautiful set ups that resulted in the 3rd goal (as seen above). Rest of the half, they were able to hold off to Everton and a counter resulted in a game sealer by Holosko.​

16. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

See you at the finals then bud...both evenly matched teams...both ready to win a cup...may the best team win bro

17. hedache

hedache Walk On

We are not evenly matched at all. I am like Braga and you'd be Porto or something next to me.

18. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

didnt porto win?

19. hedache

hedache Walk On

I never said I will win. I'm commenting on being evenly matched.

20. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

oh im just saying on the game..nvm then :p i never said either of us will win, was just asking who won the game,

21. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Results Captured to this point

22. hedache

hedache Walk On

That was very late, boooooh. We want a faster commish :p

23. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Epic, epic choke by Porto. Went ultra defensive when I got a 3-0 lead and then proceeded to blow it. Jeez. Great game Killer. Hopefully you got the stats, because I was angry and exited before grabbing them.

24. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

@niuhuskie224

Ryal wanted to get this game in while he still had an xbox, so we played it early.

====

Napoli (3) v Porto (3)

Napoli
    :goal:Cavani (28)
    :goal:Lavezzi (78, 88)

Porto
    :goal:Falcao (2)
    :goal:Varela (16)
    :goal:Hulk (25)

====

This game was a combination of some unluckiness and a bit of a choke by Ryal.

Goal #1 = Cross -> Catchable Header -> Rebound which is headed in for a goal.
    Goal #2 = Zuniga makes a tackle, but the winger gets the ball still -> Cross -> Santacroce had inside position then shifts behind Varela for an easy header.
    Goal #3 = Cross -> my CB stops moving and the guy he's supposed to be marking runs by.

Goal #4 = Cross -> Cavani and CB make that weird animation where they kind of run into each other -> Weird lob header by Cavani
    Goal #5 = Ryal does a goal kick to a guy on the outside with X -> It gets picked off -> a few passes -> Lavezzi dances around the defense a little bit and smashes one in.
    Goal #6 = Cross that should've been blocked -> CB doesn't make an effort to go to the ball -> Lavezzi runs up and gets a running header.

Basically... all of the goals except for #5 (which was set up in a stupid way) and maybe #3 were pretty dumb, it was crazy to get so many like that in one game.

====

Good game Ryal... I'm actually content with working this one back up to a draw. >.<

25. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Porto (2) vs Arsenal (0)

Porto:
    :goal:Fernando (2)
    :goal:Falcao (32)

Arsenal:
    Nothing to report

It was a good performance from the Portugese side. Fresh off their 2-0 collapse at the break against Arsenal in their PL matchup, Porto roared out to another strong start in this one, taking another 2-0 lead. It started on the first possession of the game when Porto won a corner and curled the corner nicely onto the 6 yard box where Fernando was waiting to head it home. Porto's second goal came on a break up the wing by Falcao. He turned the ball back in and used the inside of his foot to beat the keeper on the far post. From there, Porto would just hold on and pick up a desperately needed 3 points against the group (and tournament) favorites.

It's really weird how this always works out @Blaza . My form was absolute shit coming into this game and I fully expected to get thrashed, but for some reason I always get up to play against you or AJ. If I could only find a way to play that well all the time, maybe I wouldn't be so horrible at this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.