Champions League and Europa League Week 2 Results

Discussion in 'TCL: Tradition Cup Events' started by niuhuskie224, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

TFL 2011 Champions League and Europa Cup Result Thread - Week 2

Posting Match Results

It is the responsibility of the winning club owner to post the results and summaries that immediately follow each match. In the event of a draw, the responsibility then falls onto the home club.​

NEW for season-2 is we are now required to capture both assists and the man of the match.

Example:

===================

Week-3 (matchday 6)

Villarreal (2) v Everton (1)

Villarreal

:goal:Nilmar (39)

:goal:Rossi (90)

Assists:

Bruno

Capdevilla

:yellowcard:Marchena (73)​

Man of the Match:

Capdevilla

Everton

:goal:Cahill (77)

Assists:

Saha

:yellowcard:Heitinga (51)

:redcard:Coleman (70)

====================

2. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Porto (1) vs Benfica (0)
    :goal:Falcao (31)

GG @Timpegoose . On balance, Porto probably deserved their 3 points... but damn if Benfica didn't make them work for it. Benfica came out in a 5-4-1 and hunkered down defensively for a majority of the game. Porto was able to get the ball into dangerous positions quite a bit, but the strong Benfica back line thwarted them time after time until a cross onto the back post found Falcao's head and he was able to give Porto the difference in their match over their hated Portugese rivals.

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I was actually happy with the possession I was able to keep for the majority of the game, I just couldn't create any chances in the attacking 3rd. Cardozo had a cross hit him in the face that I thought he would at least head on target, but instead it fell to his feet where the keeper picked it up. Other than that I probably only had 3-4 other chances, and I'm not sure I put one on net. Definitely a good game, and could have been a bigger win for Porto.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

damn Porto, Fawk!

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Champions League Week 2

Manchester City (2) Hamburg (1)

Man City
    Goals:
    :goal:Balotelli (89')

Bookings:
    None

Hamburg
    Goals:
    [OG] Westermann (17')
    :goal:M. Jansen (30')

Bookings:
    :yellowcard:M. Jansen (50')

Great game @elprez98
    Second verse same as the first. Man City needs an own goal and late clincher to win another CL match. This time it was Balotelli who found himself scoring the clincher. Man City broke through the Hamburg defense a few times but found themselves either wildly inaccurate or just plain unlucky, blowing several one on ones with the keeper (including Balotelli having a chance to add on to his winner). With the victory Man City all but seals their ticket to the knockout stages and will ultimately be one victory away from the coveted bye. It will be interesting to see what next week brings as Man City takes on the Spurs, a team that handed Man City their first loss of the domestic season.

6. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Lyon 4 - 5 Zenit

Lyon
    Goals:
    Delgado 45'
    :goal::goal:Gourcuff 59' 89'
    Gomis 66'
    Bookings:
    :yellowcard:Kallstrom 55'

Zenit
    Goals:
    :goal::goal:Kerzhakov 24' 39'
    Lazovic 43'
    Denisov 49'
    Lombaerts 69'
    Bookings:
    :yellowcard:Bruno Alves 55'

Just a crazy game I kept thinking I had it in hand only for @Kerbstar425 to jump back into it. He scored the goal to get within in 1 in the 89' and still had a chance or two off of a cross.

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

AC Milan 0 - 0 Aston Villa

No Events

Another scoreless, ugly, touchless performance by Villa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.