Championship Round Chatter

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Just kind of a lame Tuesday, figured I'd throw up a thread for discussion.

Who you guys got in the games?

Matchups:

I Peench vs capp34 (Giants vs Saints)
    bawvu97 vs Baron (Ravens vs Chiefs)

What about the offseason fast approaching - anyone have any surprise Free Agents they'd like to announce that are hitting the market? What about guys that are being shopped? Any guys that you've scouted you want to share with the rest of us? What's your draft strategy? Share with us some tidbits about your offseason.

For the NFC game I'm taking Peench. His Giants are apparently unbelievable. I'd love to get a crack at them next season. Capp knows I respect the hell out of his game but I think the Giants are just too much right now. Have they had any key injuries? Seems like they are not only the hottest team but the healthiest. Meanwhile I've lost key guys for extended periods of time and I think a lot of people were in that same boat.

In the AFC I'm rolling with my Swami Sez surprise Chiefs. I picked them way back when they were like 3-5. Yes 3 and 5. They have rolled their way all the way back to the AFC championship, I can't go against them now. How about the story line of Michael Vick's career being resurrected in Kansas City?

As for my offseason, you should all know by now of the surprise release of Ryan Fitzpatrick. I rode him all year with the intention of seeing what he really had and if I could win a championship with him. After a 4 interception performance against the Dolphins in week 16 I had, had enough. I just can't win with him. He has the arm of an 11 year old girl and at times even misses short screens etc that I call just to try and get him some confidence. I don't care what his contract was, he had to go. I will be eating that signing bonus over the next 2 season, but I have the cap space so the time to do it was now or never. The Bills will still have 30mil plus in cap space heading into free agency.

Speaking of free agency I'm just going to warn you all now to stay the hell away from Andy Levitre. If what Shaun said is true about having the opportunity to Franchise a player, you can best believe he will be franchised. I'm not letting him slip into Free Agency if I can avoid it. He's an excellent young guard and he will continue to be a building block for the franchise. If I cannot franchise him, expect me to offer him some serious jack to get him back to Buffalo. I don't plan on pursuing anyone else really (unless there's a surprise release) so you can best bet I'll be putting money where my mouth is, so to speak.

Now for my draft strategy, I have widely announced that the Bills will be targeting best player available. Given Kasper's success with Joe Webb, I feel like if I have to I can win with Vince Young, especially since my hatred for scrambling seems to be misguided. If there's a quarterback available that I think is worth wherever I'm picking, then of course that's my top priority but the Bills have an awful lot of holes to fill and I can't afford to be narrow-minded. The Bills are going to get better one way or another though, and you gotta build through the draft.

As far as trade bait, I know I've been shopping Fred Jackson and Nick Barnett all year. I will still be looking to move them as they are older and I'm still in rebuild mode. I'll also offer my decent pass protecting RT Erik Pears - if anyone spends some time working on his runblocking he is an excellent starting RT. Again I have young guys at the position and I will be looking to develop them.

Enough of my ramblings - hope to hear some of your guys' thoughts as well. Best of luck to the playoff teams.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Well first off, the NFC game is already over, and that dastardly douchebag Peench is in the Super Bowl. Thus my dream scenario of dashing his hopes in the Super Bowl is LITERALLY possible... but might not happen because of bawvu97 and my schedules are the complete inverse of each other. Like if just one of us had a 9-5 job, we'd be golden. But as it stands now, unless we get a big break, we're probably looking at a sim for the AFC championship game. And sims have not been kind to my Chiefs.

As to who, exactly, has gotten me here, two people can be singled out: Michael Vick and Justin Houston. Does Vick's story need to be retold at this point? Got him in the trade of the year and the dude has been money. Early on, had a TON of turnovers, but ALL of them were my fault. Then I started this incredible run of games, six of them, where Vick had ZERO turnovers until this past divisional game against AzureEffect . Vick also had a ton of long conversions on third downs as AE can testify. So really... I dedicate this season to MartyWebb . Even if I lose against bawvu, thanks Marty for Vick.

But it hasn't all been Vick. My defense has been lights out over this stretch of games and Houston has been a big reason why. He hasn't done it alone but he can definitely stand in for the D for our purposes here. Switching from a regular 3-4 to a zone blitz 3-4 has been incredible. Houston has been a beast in coverage and also in getting to the QB.

Honestly I don't know where I want to go in the draft because everyone on my team has performed so well. It'll be interesting come draft day.

In any event, I want to give everyone in TMFL a big, brown-nosing shoutout: This season's been incredible and I really appreciate being allowed to be a part of it.

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I think bawvu97 & Baron need to just take like half a sick day and play that shit lol

Shaun Mason are we not like super ahead of schedule for games or am I just bad at following charts & stuff :D

4. Baron

As I tried to explain to Comrade Shaun, that's literally impossible. My editor would disembowel me.

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Well we can't have that. I am sure the Madden gods will look fondly upon Vick in a SIM lol

6. Baron

Against Baltimore? Doubtful. But them's the breaks. Really going to try hard to get the game in, but I can't skip these events.

7. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Baron I'm glad that dogbeating, lefthanded, quickfooted summofabitch is working out for you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Baron

I give him a sack full of puppies to drown before each game. Apparently, you didn't read the user manual for him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Lmao.

10. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Dudes I'm going on about 3 hours of sleep after I accommodated
    Timpegoose 's schedule yesterday I'm too old for this shit lol

11. bawvu97

Featured Threads:

Yesterday was my sick day

12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Do what I do - don't make the playoffs and then you get a break....:D

• Like Like x 4
  13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

If Peench is around to play I think he is taking this shit..

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Haha I appreciate it man. Our work schedules are literally the exact opposite today.

15. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Well Peench took me out last night in the NFC title game by 10. I started the game like I wanted but it quickly went down hill and I ended up giving up 35 points in the first half. I met my exceeded my expectations this season I thought I would get 1 playoff but it ended up being 2 so I'm looking to improving on that next year.

As for as the off season I will be looking to upgrade my secondary by any means necessary. I also got some info that Vilma may be available to me to start next season so Lofton may be on the block soon. Even though I like Ingram he will be on the trade block and he currently has 45000 XP so he should net me a nice draft pick or a starter on defense.

With draft I think I'm gonna go best player available being that I draft so far back and don't have a 2nd round pick. I may look to move down if they guys I want are gone but who knows.

16. Baron

Yea, just got info on that event I'm covering tonight. There's no way we'd even be able to do a late night game tonight.

I do have a window this afternoon. Is there ANY way you could play at 3 or 4 p.m.?

EDIT: Also I PMed you my cell number, text me if need be. If you can go at 3 or 4 p.m, please TEXT me.

17. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Errrrrrr I'm at work till 5 at the earliest

18. Baron

Like a 4:30 start would be as close as I could possibly do. If we can't do that, then we've got to plan for tomorrow.

19. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Might be able to make it home by 430

20. Baron

Ok, really need you to text me as soon as you know one way or the other.

21. Baron

EDIT: Ignore this post.

22. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Leaving work now

23. Baron

Ok, let me see if I can make it. Will post here when I know.

24. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    so im home whats the deal dude?

25. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads: