Championship Week Game Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wildcardsz258, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Championship Week Game Game Summaries

Yes, possibly the biggest game of this college football year, Alabama and Tennessee face off. Earlier the year, Tenn beat Alabama at home and knew coming in the game, Alabama well come out really strong.

#3 Alabama VS #1 Tennessee

Tennessee got the opening drive and took it all the way to the endzone and that was the only score first quarter.

Second quarter, it was again a defensive game, there was no TD scored and 2 FGs by Tennessee to take the lead 13-0 to the half time.

Thid quarter, Alabama finally got on the board with Glen Coffee's 3yd TD run but that was the only offence for Alabama all game. With a 1;53 left in the quarter, Nick Stephens connected with Austin Rogers on a 12 yard TD pass.

Final quarter, Tenn up 20-7, didn't want to force turnovers this late to a good Alabama team and they didn't.It was actually opposite Star Jackson threw 2 interceptions and a fumble on a option play. Star Jackson finished the game with 5 turnovers by himself and that was costly as Tenn scored 14 points and win the game 34-7.

Player Of the Game is Nick Stephens, who played incredible.
    21/23 258 yards 2TD and 0 Pick. On to the National Championship Game, GL Cole in your bowl game and wish me luck on NC :D
  2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Feb 23, 2009
    GG man. He was picking me apart all day. If you cant get pressure on him early and I mean right away you are screwed. It could have been closer but Star Jackson got rattled early and isn't exactly the guy you want to make throws when you are behind. Either way I would have lost this game as I had no answer for his offense. Good game and good luck against Rutgers.
  3. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Mar 1, 2009
    Im in year 4 of a dynasty with bama, we will be hearing from you again i think ;)
  4. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

Mar 2, 2009
    ACC Championship Game

Maryland vs. Virginia Tech

Box Score

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UMD 21 3 3 10 37
    VT 0 7 0 0 7

Game Statistics

UMD VT
    Score 37 7
    1st Downs 10 8
    Total Offense 208 100
    Rushes-Yards-TD 28-76-2 33-87-0
    Comp-Att-TD 10-13-0 3-9-1
    Passing Yards 132 13
    Turnovers 0 2
    T.O.P 12:05 11:59

Maryland wins the ACC Conference Championship game 37-7. The Terps would come out on fire and never look back. Maryland would take the opening drive down the field and score a TD on a 2 yard run by Darel Scott. Wasting no time on Virginia Techs first pass, SS Jeff Allen would pick off Tyrod Taylor and take it back for another 6 points. The Terps would add another TD on a run by FB Cory Jackson. The rest of the game was pretty much back and forth down the field with limited scoring. Unlike the first meeting when the Hokies would run all over the Terps. Maryland held VT to 87 total yards rushing on 33 carries. Tough to pick a player of the game since everyone did what they were suppose to do. I would like to give the Terps player of the game to my whole defense for showing up. GG EI
  5. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Mar 1, 2009
    Texas Tech brings home the Big 12 title in a thrilling game that came down to the last play of the game, summary to follow...