Championship Week

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by GoGators, Dec 3, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Championship Week

Alright, there's no need for any more useless banter about a team hoping to get to the Gator bowl at this point in the season. It's championship week so let's talk about the teams that have earned the chance to have their names in the news this week.

For the first time in, the Pac-10 has a conference championship.

Oregon vs Oregon St, winner goes to the Rose bowl.

Whose your pick? I don't know enough about either team so I'm pulling for the Ducks just because of ladies like this:

[​IMG]

Although I'm sympathetic to the Beavers because it is a State school so the girls there are twice as likely to falasch you.

Game 2

GaTech rambling wreck vs Clemson

I'm a fan of the bumble bees and the triple option, it's so much fun to watch. However, I really have no idea how the #7 team in the nation couldn't stop the dive play against UGA last week. With CJ Spiller, arguably the best back in the nation, in Clemson's backfield, I think Tech's in trouble. Spillers going to have a huge day, 200+ total yards and he should be a heisman finalist.

Game 3

Cincinnati 11-0 (6-0) @ Pittsburgh 9-2 (5-1)

Winner gets the Big East automatic bid, loser likely drops down to Meineke car care bowl

The Bearcats roll in this one. Brian Kelly wants to impress his future employers the Fightin Irish!

Game 4

Texas vs Nebraska

The big 12 is so lopsided that this game is flat out ridiculous. I could care less. Talk about a bye week before the BCS game. Stupid Horns!

Game 5 Winner goes to BCS game

Bama vs UF

I'm obviously biased, but this game will be awesome. How many times do you get to see the national championship game played in December? Dunlap's an idiot and that hurts us. If Spikes plays like he's capable (w/o poking anyone's eyes out) we can hopefully contain Ingram and their offense. If our offense shows up and we score 30+ we win easy.

More likely however, close game and Tebow wills us to victory again in the 4th quarter. I mean honestly, who would you rather have in the 4th with the game on the line, McElroy or Tebow???

Let's hear some chatter!!!

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Don't forget about the Big East.

Cincinnati 11-0 (6-0) @ Pittsburgh 9-2 (5-1)

Winner gets the Big East automatic bid, loser likely drops down to Meineke car care bowl

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

It's my finding that the slightly chubby ones let you do way more stuff ...

4. GoGators

hahaha, they do need loving too.

5. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Ducks
    Cincy
    Bama - god I hope anyway
    Texas big
    GT

6. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i dont think texas will be a walk in the park. granted nebraska has stuggled at times throughout the year.. but after watching the UT A&M game.. i dont think Tx is as good as the stats on paper. A&M should not have hung with UT. Ark destoryed the Aggies. KSU destoryed them. and had they not made a couple stupid plays i think the aggies could have beat UT. i think the game will much closer than most people are predicting. If the Husker defense plays like it did vs OU i think UT is going to have to get some good breaks to win. Score of this one 17-14. I wont say who will win because i feel it will be who ever gets the breaks to fall their way.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

The Nebraska defense gives up averages 10 pts a game...I think this one is close, and I think Nebraska can win this game. Bo Pelini has Jungle Karma on his side too.

I'm rooting for Cincinatti, Bama, and Nebraska. Anything to short circuit the BCS.

8. Juggernautblitz

Bo Pelini can't win a big game dressing like that.

9. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Bama wins in the only game that matters. Roll Tide Roll.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ducks, but they already won it :)

Cinci

Texas

Bama -- time they get the glory they deserve. UF is good but cmon let's see somebody else fight for the Nat Champ. I think a Texas vs Bama game would be a good one.

ACC -- don't really care...neither team brings much excitement to my mind.

11. GoGators

Man it's great to be a Florida Gator. When people start complaining about you winning too much, you know you've done something right.

12. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Bama wins a close game, Bama is the stronger team THIS year. Saban doing big things in such a short time.

13. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

We'll find out in a few hours. Go Gators.

14. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Big East Championship Pitt-Cincy

Can you guys believe this? Down 31-10 and Cincinnati comes back to win in the final minute. Absolutely amazing performance by Pike, Gilyard, and the Bearcats.

What a great swan song for Brian Kelly. There is no doubt in my mind that he is offered and accepts that Notre Dame job and boy has he earned it.

What a great game.

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I was watchin the UNC-UK game...

16. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Amazing game...

17. KnightNoles

as this game ends in a Gator defeat.. Holds that FSU is still the only team to go wire-to-wire as the #1 team and one more game until the Gator Bandwagon wheels fall off.

18. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

And Now, A Reading From the Book OF Tebow 13:32

And yea verily it came to pass that Saint Tebow's Promise was detroyed on the Rocks of the Mighty Alabama Defense ... and the Jean Short Nation did weep ... and the Tide did Roll... And thus was the hypocrisy of praying in the village square exposed.

Here endeth the lesson.

19. GoGators

Yeah, hats off to Bama and Nick Saban. They brought the wood today. The gameplan that Saban and his coaches came up with caught us off guard and we weren't prepared. Our defense looked lost all game and we couldn't tackle for crap. I'm not sure what time of possession was, but it had to be a huge advantage for Bama.

McElroy played a great game and Ingram is really something special. I can't recall the last time I seen a guy that big slip through holes like that. Bama was definitely the better team today.

It's sad for Tebow, the guy gave everything he had to the university, the program, the fans, and college football. He didn't come back to play in the Sugar Bowl. He's been one of the greatest things for college football in years and truly should be appreciated for the person he is and all that he's accomplished. If the world had more role models and people like him it might be a slightly better place.

Hats off to Bama and hats off to my Gators. It's been an amazing run and while it's sad the streak ended, it's been an amazing ride.

20. Juggernautblitz

I LOVE IT! Alabama just put an ass whoopin on Florida in every aspect of the game including the faceoff of the 2 Heisman hopefuls. Without Percy Harvin the Florida O and Tim Tebow were very, very average this year. Roll Tide!

21. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Wow how in the world can u call pass int on that play in the texas game. They trying to give this game to texas the ball was 5 yards out of bounds.

22. KnightNoles

Texas game is crazzzzzy

23. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

24. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

wtf u doing even kicking it close to the sidelines on the kickoff.

25. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

wow talk about getting a break from the officials. unbelievable. i dont ever knock on officials because i am one but there were deffinately some very very questionable calls.