Championship Week

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

B1G Championship: Ohio State vs. Northwestern
    SEC Championship: Texas vs. Auburn
    ACC Championship: Notre Dame vs. Georgia Tech

• Like Like x 1
  2. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Cheering Notre Dame knocks Tech out of the Rose Bowl spot and FSU slips in as a #2 in the ACC. Rose Bowl vs Oregon would be awesome!!!

3. Captain Clutch

Captain Clutch Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

Can you do tonite Cyhiphop ??

• Like Like x 1
  5. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sorry guys, I've been off the grid a bit lately. I should be able to play tonight at around 9 CST if that works.

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I can play anytime tonight after 6 pm est

8. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

I'm going on vacation in the morning having to drive to Orlando. So we need to get it in to nite. I'll shoot for 9pm CST Cyhiphopp

• Like Like x 1
  9. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

cmassey13 are you still with us? Or just interested in the National Title Game? Not at all?

Can you get your CPU game in if you don't want to get a sim plz? It'd be sweet to be in Bowl Week this evening/tommorow.

10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Thanks man. Let's do this!

11. Captain Clutch

Captain Clutch Walk On

You want to shoot for 8?

12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Hey man I'm really sorry I just realized I have a basketball game tonight. We're in the playoffs so we learn about the games like the day of, unfortunately. I put myself on autopilot. Just play the cpu

13. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Door is open for the Wildcats! It would take a perfect game and flawless execution but it's there for ya!! You gonna get it in today Captain Clutch ??

14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]

The ACC championship went down last night and it was, once again, a showdown between Notre Dame and Georgia Tech. The rivalry dates back to 1922, but it's really heated up the last few years. It has become a biannual showdown for the ACC crown and this iteration was no different.

The game started out with all the breaks going for the Irish. An early fumble recovery on a punt return set up a quick strike pass that was broken for a long TD. The next score was a 55 yard pick 6 by Notre Dames super Sr strong safety. Not to be outdone the offense struck again with a dive up the middle that broke a for a huge TD. The Irish led 21-7 with under 2 minutes remaining. It looked like they might be able to coast to an easy win. Then they got cocky and overaggressive. In an attempt to stick a fork in Tech, the Irish went to the air with about 90 seconds left on the clock. The result; pick 6 for Tech. On the next possession, the Irish didn't learn their lesson. Another pick by the same GT corner. ND hoped their defense could hold Tech, but they were wrong. 21-21 tie at halftime and the momentum had shifted.

The defense stepped up in the 3rd quarter pitching a shutout while the offense got a TD to go ahead 28-21. The 4th was a slugfest as well with neither team scoring for the first 6 minutes of the quarter. GT had one more big drive in them though. They took it the length of the field to tie it up with less than a minute left in the game.

On the ensuing kickoff it looked as though ND could break one, but the returner was pulled down from behind and of course holding was called to negate the return altogether. ND took over at the 9. Sr QB Eric Williams took the next snap and threw a deep bomb down field. The receiver made a diving grab for a 40+ yd gain with a time out stopping the clock. The Irish took another shot on the next play and the same receiver got open deep for another 40+ yd diving grab getting the ball inside the 5 with about 20 seconds left. Two dives up the middle put ND up 35-28 with just a few seconds left on the clock. GTs final possession ended how many of their other possessions ended, with an interception. GT threw 5 picks and lost one fumble while NDs only turnovers were the bonehead picks at the end of the first half. Techs QB threw for well over 300 yards but the running game could never get going while the Irish threw for just over 200 yards and ran the ball for 100+ as well.

Another ACC title and another BCS game for ND after as season with the only blemish being a loss to the loaded Texas Longhorns. The Irish overcame long term injuries to their starting QB and RB to have another great season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Hey guys, things have gotten crazy busy for me and I haven't been around. It doesn't look like I will be able to play anymore. Work and some family issues that have come up have really taken up all my time. I should've said something earlier about putting me on autopilot, but I was holding out hope that I could find time to play. Good luck to everybody going forward if y'all keep the league going.

• Like Like x 2
  16. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Sorry to see ya go dude but appreciate the heads up. Insure we'll see you back when 14 drops.

17. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Who's ready for bowl week?? *Raises Hand*

• Like Like x 2
  18. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Spayer419 everybody is RTA let's see this Bowl Week!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Got word that Bowl Week will be up tonight.

20. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Good good news. Been chomping at the bit to get back at it. Oh and its 3 months and a week til NCAA 14

• Like Like x 2
  21. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wow, its still in the 40s around here doesn't feel like football is that close to being here considering I haven't hit the golf courses yet

22. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

The weather here in MD can be cooky at time too. What team are you looking to be in NCAA 14 cuz i believe there will be a lot of interesting teams to be

23. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Canadian weather is wild, luckily I live in the southern most city. Stones throw from Detroit, it's still 40-50s here as well but it should be warming up soon.

24. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I would like to stick with my badgers, I like the direction coach Anderson is going with the team and the play makers they are going to have next season.

I feel better now its going to hit 60 tomorrow and I have a tee time at 10 am :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

The Noles embarassed Iowa State today (sorry cyhiphopp ) 80-10.

Scoring in nearly every facet possible in the game, the Cyc's proved to be absolutely no match for FSU from running away with their first BCS Bowl in some time. Official 2020 Fiesta Bowl Champions reigned supreme today with their best player back in the lineup, Marcus Johnson whose missed extended time due to a knee injury suffered in the middle of the year. Despite being on the sideline for most of the season, MJ88 was #5 in Biletnikoff finalists missing 7 games on the year. He came into the game needing 273 yards to reach the 1000 yard mark for the 2nd time in 2 seasons, and he did it by the end of the first half. He had that "throw it up I'm going to bring it down" mentality and it was obvious he'd been itching to get on the field. Johnson stretched out and made some big time acrobatic catches, totaling 15 for 346 yards 2 scores.

Joey Brewster was the teams Defensive MVP with a 7 tackle 5 sack game...the Cyclones couldn't keep their QB protected and Brewster ran right through him all day. He forced the fumble on the final play of the game, which was a memorable one as super sophmore and nearly every defensive award winner the past 2 seasons MLB Patrick Dunbar scooped up, broke a tackle and took into the endzone. The celebration was extended and rightfully so as nearly every Seminole on the team embraced Dunbar and congratulated their defensive captain who is back for his third and likely final season.

Reshad Moore did his best DAT impression and burned the Cyclones again and again on special teams for nearly 200 all purpose return yardage and a score on a kick off.

This is a team who dropped 2 games early but rallied off 11 straight victorys and that bodes well for a team looking to compete for an ACC crown next season.