Change

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Full Moon Fever, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

New format sucks. Guess I'll just have to get used to it.

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Yea it's not very pleasing to the eyes. Oh well, will take some getting used to.

3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

whadayagonnado?

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    How about some constructive criticism.

What EXACTLY is unpleasant? Most of the color scheme is EXACTLY the same as the old forums.

5. Full Moon Fever

I'll give constructive criticism on the main board. This one is where I will be irrational and vent like a woman.

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It was more to the other guys...you've given some input.

7. DirtycashDylan

Shaun, quit YELLING at me.

I know you're working hard on this and I'm sure it'll be great. The other forum just had a neater, glossier finish. The colors were the same but the overall look was more defined over there. But you can obviously see that and I don't know shit about running a board.

Like I said, whadayagonnado?

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Sorry, I was virtual emphasizing, not virtual yelling.

I don't disagree. The old site had the benefit of using a skin developed by a professional designer...this one has, well...me. :)

The look will change for the better gradually. Remember this is the first release of the forum software (beta 1.0)...and it is pretty damn good already. The guys who make this software are badass, and I would bet dollars to doughnuts it will be unbeatable in 6 months.

I want this place to be great for you guys. It is hard for me to make it better if I don't know specific reasons why it isn't perfect.:)

Shaun

9. nikpin

To me it seems like all the posts run together. You don't have much of a break between the individual posts. In your post directly above what you said is really close to your name and post time, edit, delete, report. The signatures are all jacked up which makes the post seem even more compact. The was the Avatar's are squeezed on the side also seems to make the posts run together.

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Also, in the old format, I could see which threads had new posts in them that I hadn't read. Maybe there is a way on this new format, but I haven't figured it out yet.

11. Full Moon Fever

There's a blue dot on threads with new posts.

12. Full Moon Fever

My biggest complaint is that it's not nearly as iPhone friendly. To be able to read the text I have to zoom in and scroll side to side. On the old ones everything was readable and fit on the screen. It's not that big of a problem when I open a thread, but when I'm looking at the forum/thread listing, it's tiny and doesn't fit. Also, the edit and reply buttons are tiny. All the problems I have with the site are based on using them with the iPhone. But since now the site is blocked at work (the other one wasn't), that's what I use most of the time.

13. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

My issue is that each of my leagues is not saving to my favorites like it did before. Before the change I could just go to my favorites and click on the link and it would take me to that league home page. But now it takes me to the screen about that informs you about the changes.

14. nikpin

You should be able to just reset your bookmarks.

15. DirtycashDylan

I'm sure they'll get all this sorted out.

16. Full Moon Fever

Yeah this is brand new software and will only get better. That said, there wasn't a damn thing wrong with the vBulletin board. That I know of anyway.