Changes Coming for Legendary Veterans

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 27, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Jan 29, 2011
    Fellow Legendary Vets,

First off I would like to really thank this bunch for the dedication and hard work you guys put forth. We're up there with the best on TSO with getting our games done in a quick fashion. We began all the way back at infamous MaddenMania and now have come a LONG way to make it as a great league over here at TSO. Big thanks to Shaun Mason for giving us an opportunity to run our league here.

One area we have always been lacking in, and you guys continually heard me harp on like crazy, is:

It's been tough running the league and continue to do all the things I do on a regular basis to make this well-oiled machine run properly. When I was forced to take my leave of absense it was really tough for LV to continue efficiently. As I get older my time will be more and more compromised. As much as I enjoy balling out and whipping you guys in the OD ( :D ) videogames will be a priority that will receive less attention as I finish up college.

Ok, now LEMME GET TO MY POINT: I want to get Legendary Veterans to the point where it run effeciently without me having to be at the driver's seat the majority of the time. How do we acheive this? I've identified three main things:

1. Adjust the rules to be as updated, clear, and concise as possible.
    2. FIX the lack of content once and for all.
    3. Start holding members accountable and delegating some tasks to other members.
    I will be updating the rules. Content is going to be fixed by a simple solution: Game summaries & volunteered weekly content posts will be part of REQUIREMENTS to be finished for us to advance. Everyone LOVES to advance asap, so I think making it required to get to the next week will fix the issue. I will also create a "warning" system that will be used to snuff out users who aren't pulling their weight and make them accountable. I would also like to create an "LV Committtee" that will serve for several purposes to aid us in OD tasks, rules, criticisms, etc.

I have to do better, along with everyone else. We flew threw this season but the game summaries, recruiting updates, and independent content was lacking as much as I can remember in a long time. We will fix it though, and I know you guys will be prepared to answer the bell as quality members.

Nothing is official or changed yet, but will be implemented soon. I will write a LV "Doctrine" including the changes made. Everyone will be expected to sign and live up to expectations. This is more of a "heads up" thread before the changes come. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Comments are welcomed too of course! :)
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. IrishBearcat

Jan 29, 2011
    Here is an example of what the "required content" for advancing would look like:

Everyone would have to sign up for 2 slots and could pick from a list of possible threads or come up with their own. These would have to be done in order to advance as well. Example:

Week 1: Impact Freshman / BakerWildcat7
    Week 2: Breaking down the S6 recruiting class / Oshiomogho
    Week 3: Conference Preview / PhilStyle

Week 14: Top 5 surprises of S6 / MNoffke
    Week 15: CCG Predictions & Picks / Cougars
    CCG: Programs on the rise, programs on the fall / PhilStyle
    Bowls: Awards Thread / IrishBearcat

In this example, if all games were played, all summaries of non-user losses were posted, but Baker hadn't posted his Impact Freshman thread, we WOULD NOT advance.

Slackers would get a warning for holding us up once (past max of course) and there will be some accountability system for members who fail to meet the bill consistently. It'll be a little work at first, but once we get everyone in the habit of treating content like it's a game that needs to be played, it'll be effortless.​
  3. IrishBearcat

Jan 29, 2011
    We'll be flowing in our Usain Bolt-esque pace for the remainder of the season all the way up until Pre-Season for S6.

Tonight I plan on organizing the forum a little bit more and tackle the rules as I mentioned above. I think time to discuss possible rules or general OD changes. Anyone?
  4. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Jul 10, 2010
    I'm def down to chat it up.....
    • Like Like x 1