Changes for Next season

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Apr 22, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Changes for Next season

We should up the CPU defensive awareness slider to at least 70.

maybe bump up a few others
    CURRENT SLIDERS
    <table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>user</td><td>offense</td><td>cpu</td></tr><tr><td>40</td><td>qb acc</td><td>45</td></tr><tr><td>60</td><td>pass block</td><td>35</td></tr><tr><td>20</td><td>wr </td><td>25</td></tr><tr><td>50</td><td>rb abi</td><td>50</td></tr><tr><td>50</td><td>run block</td><td>40</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>user</td><td>defense</td><td>cpu</td></tr><tr><td>50</td><td>awar</td><td>45</td></tr><tr><td>20</td><td>kndn</td><td>60</td></tr><tr><td>10</td><td>int</td><td>0</td></tr><tr><td>55</td><td>br bl</td><td>45</td></tr><tr><td>50</td><td>tak</td><td>45</td></tr></tbody></table>8 min - heisman

KR and PR move back to max 93 speed or keep it the same??

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

PROPOSED SLIDERS

<table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>user</td><td>offense</td><td>cpu</td></tr><tr><td>40</td><td>qb acc</td><td>45</td></tr><tr><td>60</td><td>pass block</td><td>40</td></tr><tr><td>20</td><td>wr </td><td>25</td></tr><tr><td>50</td><td>rb abi</td><td>60</td></tr><tr><td>50</td><td>run block</td><td>50</td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>user</td><td>defense</td><td>cpu</td></tr><tr><td>50</td><td>awar</td><td>70</td></tr><tr><td>20</td><td>kndn</td><td>60</td></tr><tr><td>10</td><td>int</td><td>0</td></tr><tr><td>55</td><td>br bl</td><td>55</td></tr><tr><td>50</td><td>tak</td><td>50</td></tr></tbody></table>

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i propose we lower from 8 mins to 7. works fine in TT3 and no one tops 70

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I still hate that rule; I'm a slow starter, 8 minutes is already drastically lowered from the base settings and you have to snap the ball immediately every play to get a realistic number of plays, tackles, etc. Also to change so late inthe game will skew our stats, IMO.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

agreed.......keep it at 8.....it is bad for CPU games but perfect for USER games and that is what makes this league fun

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I say switch it to 7 min. in the end it's not really that big of a difference in user games and it would make cpu games tolerable. At this point its brutal having to sit around and run the clock for these 8 min qtrs..

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

IMO, just because some people can't be arsed to take it semi-easy on the CPU in the first quarter doesn't mean I should have to play 7 minute quarters, lolol....

8. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

shit, used to play 10 min qtrs in the old versions of ncaa lol

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

I dont think we need to change the quarter times. I feel your pain BBJ in some of the Pac-10 games when some of the teams out here are throwing 50 times a game. You can shorten the the total time of the game by letting your guys walk up to the line and not picking your plays rapid fire style. The game I played against Bruce last night where both teams ran the ball and worked the clock a little the game was over quick.

kr/pr I have mixed feelings about this one but over-all I think we keep it where it is. There were touchdowns on run backs but I dont think it was overboard like when you could have 99's back there.

Sliders - I like the idea of moving things up the AWR you up 25 seems like a dramatic increase. But then again im not sure how sensitive that is and what areas it effects. Have to leave that up to the guys who have more experience with sliders.

Question: In user games what sliders effect the players not controlled by the user?

Outlaw the QB sneak.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yes no more qb sneaks....

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Nobody I play really uses the sneak as far as I know and I have yet to run one since the game came out.

Wish we could go 7 mins cpu and 8 or even 9 minute user games...I am fine at 8.

I am against making a huge adjustment right from the get go, why not bump it up a little and move it as needed?

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This is the strongest argument for it. I know we have some people with game plans that include throwing it down the field a lot, but if you don't, the game goes by much quicker. MUCH quicker. That game you guys had went by in like 40 minutes.... lol

Agreed, ban the QB sneak.

Agreed, move up cpu awareness - (I say 60)... Maybe some other small changes...

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

my suggested changes:

CPU run block to 50 (from 40)
    CPU Def. AWR to 60

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I tried some practice with DEF AWR at 60 and I thought it was good.

It is tough b/c my defense is crazy but it should help.