Changes for Season 2?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Sep 3, 2009.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Changes for Season 2?

Start posting here if you would like to discuss any possible changes to take place starting in Season 2.

Possible Ideas:

• Change Qtr Length from 7 min to 6 min
    • Cap on # of 5-star Recruits
    • Strength of nonconference schedule for top/bottom teams
    • Rule changes
    • # of user games

You get the drift.. Post here to add suggestions so we can debate what we want to do before the times comes..

Also, for the post season recruiting, I want to try and get it all done in one night.. Say like 10 pm est one night, as many guys as we can get on, to crank it out so we can move on to the next season quickly..

So post your thoughts here about that as well..

2. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

IMO cap 5 star recruits
    I like the time being 7 min

3. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

A cap on # of 5 star recruits is a good idea, I think. And, for those who have done well this season, I'd say that trying to find them tougher match ups would be fair. Also, what is this league's stance on the run/pass commits? I know other leagues have banned them, so will this one do the same?

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

pass commits we should still be able to do..they arent as effective

5. WisconsinSports414

6. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

I don't want anything changed. I guess 6 minutes would be fine.

7. Joe_THEDREAM

Can we add a performance minimum? If you go .500 you get put on the hot seat, twice in a row results in termination? Typically lesser performance also means lesser participation...

8. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

The whole point of TF isn't whether you win or lose.. Its to be a good sim player and to be active.. So if I have a guy who only wins 3 games every season, but remains active in the forums, then Im not going to cut him..

Now if a guy is losing every game, and doesnt make a single post or a few at best, then sure he would be in the hot seat.. But the same goes for a guy who wins every game that doesnt post.

9. ChiDefenda

ChiDefenda Guest

I like the 6min idea. If this means more realistic play and stats, then let's do it.

10. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

I like everything the way it is...with 7 mins, if I'm winning big...I can get my 2d, 3rd, & maybe 4th stringers in to help them progress at the end of the season. Not to mention, I think its a good balance between actual stats versus taking 1 min away from playing time...makes a whole lot of difference in my opinion! I would like to see a cap of 5-star players as well. In doing this, it creates a more viable and competitive league if all teams are well endowed! That's just my take on things!

11. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Thanks for all the input fellas.. This is what I am leaning towards right now:

• Qtr Length: 7 min

• 5-Star Recruits: Max. 3 or 4 per Team

• Keep 4 User Games in the Schedule

• Customise nonconference schedules to make harder for top teams from previous season

• Do the post-season recruiting in one night

Does anyone strongly oppose to any of these things here?

12. AAthletics

AAthletics Walk On

It all sounds OK to me... I'm not a huge fan of capping 5 stars (I only have 1 committed to me this season), but either way it isn't a big deal. I'm kind of interested in customized schedules to make things harder for the top tier guys.

13. Joe_THEDREAM

3-4 5*'s? Whats the rational behind that? We've got 12 users, no reason anyone should run away with 5*'s.

The way i see it, thats just a safe net for people who are lazy with recruiting.

14. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I like it. i think the 5 star should be around 4-5 thou...

15. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i would say 5 5*s we had a guy in cream of the crop land 11 5* stars... i dont think it has anything to do with being lazy.. for a low tier team will never beable to compete at a top tier level if the guys already at the top suck up all the 5*s

16. WisconsinSports414

I agree.

17. Joe_THEDREAM

If that was the case then why didn't it happen this season?

18. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I think 5-:5stars: Recuits is a fair number.. It is almost impossible for every team to get that amount anyway.. But it keeps the guys who are winning the Nat'l Championship every year from pulling in all of the talent since the Recuiting AI is more drawn to the top tier teams..

There is nothing lazy about it.. just a battle between Human and CPU AI when it comes to recruiting..

19. Joe_THEDREAM

Alright, Penn State seems to be doing just fine. But whatever you guys want.

20. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I'm not saying we are capping it to 5 recruits so that the CPU teams have their shot at them.. I could care less how the CPU is recruiting..

What I meant by the Human vs. CPU AI, is how the CPU creates a recruit's interest in schools.. A good portion of a players interest relies on the Prestige of the school, and how they have been performing..

And the example of the guy pulling in 11-5 Star Recruits is the perfect example.. If only say 20- 5 star recruits are created during the season, and one guy pulls in more than half of them, the other 11 guys are more or less screwed over..

21. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I'm not saying we are capping it to 5 recruits so that the CPU teams have their shot at them.. I could care less how the CPU is recruiting..

What I meant by the Human vs. CPU AI, is how the CPU creates a recruit's interest in schools.. A good portion of a players interest relies on the Prestige of the school, and how they have been performing..

And the example of the guy pulling in 11-5 Star Recruits is the perfect example.. If only say 20- 5 star recruits are created during the season, and one guy pulls in more than half of them, the other 11 guys are more or less screwed over..

22. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

it happend because he was notre dame.

23. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

ok, I'm missing something here....in agreeing with Bossy...there are 12 of us guys...and we all have pretty reputable teams....I can't see one team within this league running off with 11 5-star recruits...or hell, 7 for that matter. With 12 coaches recruiting against each other, and then throw in the CPU AI, the recruiting area is one of dire competition. I think categorizing a player and limiting a team on recruiting that "because you can't have more than 5 maybe damaging us...but more importantly the league. Let me explain...I've recruited a 5-star CB who was rated #1 within his position, and 8th overall. After that particular season, in Change Position, I noticed that same 5-star player was only an overall 81...my point being...the number of stars doesn't necessarily mean the better player. Recruiting is just that...you have to do your homework and compare him with the rest of the field of players. If someone within this league garners over 5 or 6 5-star players, and as hard as we recruit back and forth, shame on US ALL for not stategizing and adjusting the way we are recruiting player. That's just my take though, but hey...I'm just the quiet one!

24. Joe_THEDREAM

I passed on numerous 5 stars because i liked my 4 and sometimes even 3 stars better.

Cap it if you want. But i think it's soft to do that. If we had 12 people, it would be tough to get 3-4 5 stars. This league doesn't have that right now. We've got 6-7 really active people 2 kinda active and 1... not sure what he does. Then we've got two teams about to be replaced with studs, so i expect it to be tougher.

Obviously Wisc124935125 is good because he won P10s with UA in another league, and Chi is pretty good because ive been in a league with him before that was solid. Boot the bum and get one other really solid player and were golden.

25. Joe_THEDREAM

I passed on numerous 5 stars because i liked my 4 and sometimes even 3 stars better.

Cap it if you want. But i think it's soft to do that. If we had 12 people, it would be tough to get 3-4 5 stars. This league doesn't have that right now. We've got 6-7 really active people 2 kinda active and 1... not sure what he does. Then we've got two teams about to be replaced with studs, so i expect it to be tougher.

Obviously Wisc124935125 is good because he won P10s with UA in another league, and Chi is pretty good because ive been in a league with him before that was solid. Boot the bum and get one other really solid player and were golden.