Changes for Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Nov 18, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Changes for Season 3

I've updated the rules in the league description. Be sure to read through them as there's been a few changes for this season. I'll summarize them here.

1: 72 hour hard advances. No exceptions. I'll post when we advance and when the next advance will be. It's your job to get your games in. If you have an excuse, contact me.

2: There were a few items we discussed changing but never finalized. So, I've decided to have this league mirror the 3 TF premiere leagues. To go along with this, I've modified our settings to more closely reflect theirs.

3: There are new sliders. These were copied from the Tradition II.

4: Playbooks are mandatory. I've researched and all 3 of the premiere leagues require you to use 1 playbook for the entire season. We will do the same.

5: Forum participation is mandatory! Failure to participate will result in removal. Everyone will be expected to provide short game write ups and to participate in league discussions. If you just want to play games, this isn't the league for you. If everyone contributes a little, this can be a great league. Don't leave all the work for someone else.

6: There are new recruiting violation rules.

7: The aggressive gameplan feature is PROHIBITED

8: Defensive keys are PROHIBITED......except you may key a WR.

9: New recruiting limits. Max players is 71 at any given time.

Let's make this league a great one guys.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Can you post the new and old sliders side by side so we can compare them. IE QBA is lower and interceptions are higher, etc.

3. GoGators

I would, but I don't have the old ones, sorry. The new ones are posted in the league description thread.

4. jello1717

For anyone that hasn't retired yet, would you mine entering Maggie's OD and checking out the sliders and posting them here? That way we could see things like our running will be tougher or the CPU's pass rush was toned down or what have you.

5. jello1717

It's probably too late, but I would petition for us capping the max players @ 70 and not allowing any cuts instead of allowing us up to 73 and cutting guys we want.

6. GoGators

I added 7, 8, and 9 to the first post.

Yeah, I agree. Let's go to 71 for now and see how that goes.

7. GoGators

Is everyone up to date with these? I'd like to see everyone acknowledge the new rules.

8. jello1717

Acknowledged

9. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Acknowledged

10. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Acknowledged

11. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Acknowledged. And here is a comparison of the old a new sliders (changes are in red)

Sliders
    Offense Human Previously CPU Previously[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 30 30 40 30
    Pass Block 55 45 45 15
    WR Catching 40 45 35 40
    RB Ability 40 50 55 60
    Run Blocking 45 50 50 50
    Defense Human Previously CPU Previously[/U][/B]
    Pass Coverage 40 70 55 75
    Pass Rush 45 80 50 50
    Interceptions 30 20 40 20
    Rush Defense 45 20 55 50
    Tackling 45 45 50 50
    Special Teams Human Previously CPU Previously[/U][/B]
    FG Power 40 35 45 40
    FG Accuracy 45 25 45 35
    P Power 50 50 50 50
    P Accuracy 45 25 55 50
    Kickoff Power 50 50 55 50

12. GoGators

thanks quagmire!

13. jello1717

Thanx!!!

14. jello1717

Here are my thoughts on the sliders.

1. I think we should go back to the old FG sliders. With those my kicker went something like 25/25 including a nation high 3 or 4 50+ yarders. I prefer it when kicks can't be done with our eyes closed and still fly through the middle of the uprights. If we made things even more difficult than our old sliders I'd be all for it (since our old ones were obviously too easy for me as well), but increasing our power and accuracy on kicks will make even 50+ yarders gimmes.

2. The CPU running ability took a big hit, and I think that before they couldn't run well enough as it was. Their RBA went down 5 while our rush defense went up by a huge 25 points. I foresee us having all of the top rushing defenses in the country.

3. To counter #2, the CPU's passing game went way up. +10 QBA combined with -30 to user pass coverage.

4. I like this change. CPU pass block, +30 and User pass rush -35. Another huge change. Hopefully we won't have anymore user players with almost 30 sacks or whatever we've had in the past. This change, however, combined with #3 should mean the CPU will be a passing machine.

5. Our rushing attack took a hit with -10 RBA, -5 run blocking, and +5 CPU rush defense. Hopefully this can make running more challenging, but I'd wager it's not far enough.

Some of these points are possibly just my opinion, but I can't imagine anyone would argue with #1 and it wouldn't have a big impact on the games and I'd like to see at least that one changed if at all possible. Changing the others is trickier since they can all change the dynamic of the games. Maybe the CPU challenge is good with them not being able to run but being passing machines. If we increase their rushing like I want, then maybe we through the overall difficulty out of whack.

15. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Passing machine is what I experienced from CPU with new settings, I couldn't get much pressure even with an 8 man blitz and my guys on d are rated high....

16. GoGators

Thanks for the input guys, it's greatly appreciated. Like I stated before, these sliders are taken from the Tradition II, I haven't got to play with them yet so I'm hesitant to change them based on 1 week.

I will change the user kicking one as that is pretty logical.

17. GoGators

The stats didn't seem too crazy. D. Robinson probably had a better day than he should have, but he was at home. Also, you had difficulty with your pass rush because outside of your DT, your D line is young. Combine that with U of M's stacked O line and that may have been the problem. Just a guess though.

Jello had 4 sacks, Clemson had 7. So it's not impossible to get pressure. Also, D Robinson may have had a strong day because U of M's WR's are ridiculous as well. 6 of them 90+ overall.

I'll make some minor changes and we'll see how it plays in week 2. I'll update the gameplay thread.

18. GoGators

Just an FYI, I've modified the sliders, but they won't take effect until we advance to week 3.

19. GoGators

I just played my first game with the original sliders I had for week 1 and 2. I think they played pretty well. I was UF vs UAB at home in the swamp. They held me to 3.0 ypc and were able to bring pressure on pass plays.

I held them to 134 yds total offense but their RB avg 3.0 ypc too just like mine. Also, I didn't experience any robo QB. The QB never got hot or anything.

I'm thinking the passing game played fine. I got what I would expect from a game vs UAB. I think the slower RBA has killed my HB's but I'd like to see another game before I make thet decision.

I think the CPU ran the ball well and the game played pretty realistically. I think the FG slider will remain changed and maybe we keep the bump for CPU running game, but I think everything else was pretty good.

I'm looking forward to what you guys have to say after your week 2 games.