Changes for Season 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Jan 19, 2012.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

As I see them, here's what I think we are going with:
    1. Same sliders (or possibly the adjusted set in the film room?)
    2. Heisman Recruiting (Heisman pool also, or do we enlarge the pool and the crank it to Heisman?)
    3. No recruiting restrictions ('cept the five star cap set at 4)
    4. All conferences open - (in case anyone is eyeing a move in the off-season)
    5. 3 day advance - get a sub or get a sim. Subs may not play user games.
    6. 1 day advance in week 15 (no one should have a game in week 15 - recruiting only)
    7. Off-season advances once a day until the first weekend day (Sat or Sun) and then moves completely on that day.
    Did I miss anything?

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

1. I would like to move to the updated sliders in the film room.

2. I would say lets move to Heisman recruiting in week one to get more 5 stars in the pool.

In a offline dynasty I have been using the coaching carousel and its pretty fun. I was thinking about how we can integrate the coaching carousel into our league since we technically use it. Anybody else think it would be fun? Any ideas on how we could use it?

3. The Dude

1 and 2 are cool with me. As for the Carousel, I don't really know how it works. Do we wait for each coach to accept/refuse offers and such? Is there a great deal of time involved? I'm accustomed to skipping it is all. I'd be glad to integrate it if we want to, though. Might change the off-season advance schedule a bit, though.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah basically you can do it for a user or each person has to go in and accept a contract. The thing I like is it adds structure to each of us changing teams all the time.

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

We use the carousel in the cathedral, and it doesn't go too bad as long as guys are on or are close to their cell phones. The only thing a user has to do is resign or decline a new contract when their current one is up. The comishiner can accept and decline any new offer for a guy. It's pretty cool.

6. The Dude

Then let's work out a schedule for it and give guys the opportunity to move if they get the chance. I have no issue with it.

7. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

The coaching carousel is awesome. I don't think that I'd be moving though as PSU is my "dream" school. It would be cool if I got fired or bored by psu. I'm all for it

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

Though we'd have to make a ruling on OC/DC jobs. You do play both sides in user games, but no in CPU games.

9. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

Are we putting the new recruiting rules into effect this offseason? Or, are we waiting until the preseason?

10. The Dude

I say pre-season, to match the time when we'll be changing to Heisman recruiting.

Anyone wanna throw in a few extra recruits for the new guys, especially the guys who took lower prestige schools? I was thinking we could just open it up completely for the new guys, let them give out all 25 if they want. It's a way to reshape a roster, which is something new coaches do in reality.

Just a thought.

11. bdub

bdub Walk On

Sounds good, it will help these guys get there prestige up.

On the being an OC/DC, I think we should limit it to just being a head coach. Unless someone really wants to be an OC.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  12. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm good with the CC deal... I've half thought about moving from Ann Arbor anyhow to change up scenery anyhow, so if I get shit canned or just feel like moving, it'd be a good avenue to follow.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

So we are going with the recruiting cap set at 4 :5stars: guys and the roster cap at 72, correct? Just looking at my recruiting board to try and get it set up

14. The Dude

Think so.

And a word on recruiting - those of you who typically don't put much time into it, prepare to get kicked around. Heisman ain't no joke. Go after every five on the list, and you'll end up in week 12 with 2 guys signed. Planning is everything.

15. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Looking forward to the challenge

16. Yeah the recruiting is gonna be harder now. Setup my first recruit board and not a single 5 star recruit had any interest initially of coming to Austin...