**Changes for Year 4**

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Dec 4, 2009.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

**Changes for Year 4**

The following are in effect for year 4.

Game Summaries
    You must post a game summary after every game. The summary must be up within 24 hours of finishing the game. There should be at least a quick recap of all games (paragraph minimum). For user vs. user games I want highlites and stats, and I want those for the Tough CPU game on the schedule as well. The loser of a user vs. user game doesn't have to post a summary, that is the only exception. There will be recruiting hours lost and scholarships taken away for violation of this.

Advancements
    Last season we got in some trouble due to our pace of advancement. Some players are no longer in this OD due to it as well. You have 72 hours to play your game. We will continue to try our damndest to get them in within 48 hours, but know you have 72. There will be no moaning on the forum about people holding us up.

Recruiting Updates
    We are going to start keeping track of recruiting a bit more than we have been. I want to see recruiting updates for each team a few times over the course of the season. I will be keeping tabs on this, and once again there will be repurcussions for not doing so.

Late Pitches
    Check this thread about pitches.
    http://www.traditionfootball.com/for...ead.php?t=8204

Please post that you have read and acknowledge the new rules being implemented. Feel free to post any questions or concerns as well.

2. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

looks like some great additions. good luck to you all.

Signed

Vandy.

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

read acknowledged etc

4. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Good to go.

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

no problem here. the link u posted was dead when i tried it.

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Got it, looking forward to year 4 and another big improvement for the Canes.

7. Dean

Dean Walk On

understood

8. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Read and understood.

9. smace767

smace767 Walk On

read and understood

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Understood. I like the new highlights rule alot.

Hood, as far as the advances. I think we should adopt this philosohpy. I pulled this from Frisky over at Civil War.

Here is how advancing will work upon every advance I will give everyone 48 hours to post on this thread when they plan on playing. From everyone's post I will assign a hard advance. Of course if everyone finished before the assigned "hard advance," I will progress us to the next week. If someone fails to post when they plan on playing and have not played by the "hard advance," their game will be simmed. All I ask is for communication.

Plus if we havent banned pass committ. I think we should too. It seems like most the league are doing it. I havent played anyone in cream that used it against me (I think). But just to prevent the scenerio I guess. Just another thought.

11. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I was lurking in the old fellas dynasty threads on rules and they didn't say pass commit was an issue since it doesn't do anything to cheat and it barely helps even out pass coverage.
    It also keeps your players from falling for the play action on third and 16 since the AI will play out of position on those plays almost every time.

What they had issue with was Big Hits since there is little risk and it results in many fumbles.
    And dline aggressive because you never get called for offside but get a great pass rush.

What they talked about was big hits were too powerful but big hits are a part of the game and there are big hit players and you make those type players lose value if you outlaw it, and since you can big hit manual it would be hard to police just the gameplan setting.

i used pass commit on passing downs last season and i was second to last in the dynasty in pass defense and had the least pickoffs in the dynasty(5 ints all season)

last season(14 gms about 200 plays) stats from returning players using pass commit

starting CB= had 4 pass def and 2 picks
    nickle cb= 4 pass def 1 int
    dime cb= 1 pass defl no ints
    starting fs= 2 delf no ints
    starting ss had 3 def and 1 int

remember these numbers are out of about 200 pass commit plays with a pass defense package on the field. If it was overpowered i would have had more than 5 picks and 14 deflections in over 200 pass attempts.

In fact if you ask me it dont work anyway. thats what the numbers say.