Changes within the League

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Nautica, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Changes within the League

Just wanted to let you guys know that SodaAddict is going to be taking over the Commish role here. I am going to stay but i am going to take a back seat as the Co-Commish. Any questions or concerns please pm me.

2. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Hey guys, try to be as patient with me as possible as I get the hang of the whole commish deal here.

Let's get these week 11 games finished up soon!

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

No problem bro.. You will do great, you got nautica's ok so that's all I needed. Hopefully we can keep this core of guys as this is a great dynasty.

4. SodaAddict

Thanks, man.. and I agree. I love the concept of this dynasty. It's a lot of fun.

I would also like to welcome the newest member of The Hurt Locker and the reigning champion of the RMG league, joeptc (GT: The Vredesbyrd). He will be taking over at the University of Tennessee, the new revolving door of college coaching. :)

5. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

I'm not trying to be mean, but since this is kind of out of left field i'm just curious as your past involvement with the site and how you are expecting to continue the success or improve on this league?

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I wouldn't let him take controll of the league if I didn't think that he was competent enough, he is a very active member of my RMG league and has contributed a lot to that league. Plus I am not going anywhere so don't worry about anything. Everything will be business as usual. Me and Soda talk just about every night so I know what is going on and to guide him.

7. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Ok cool, I was just trying to get a gauge on the guy since he is an unknown to me. This league has been great so far and i've enjoyed being a part of it.

8. SodaAddict

Thanks for the support, Nautica.

For what it's worth, here's a little background about myself. I joined TF when this year's game came out. I owned NCAA 2009 and mainly bought it due to excitement over the online dynasty mode. Of course, I was a little disappointed at the lack of organization and features available and I never really thought about there being online leagues.

I decided that I didn't really want to buy NCAA 2010 for various reasons, but in the meantime I was highly involved in a UFC Undisputed online league for several months (the game just gets repetitive). That got me thinking about the potential of finding a site that did online dynasties for NCAA games. So, when NCAA 2011 came out, I started doing a little research and came across TF, which was exactly what I was looking for. A sim-style site with multiple league options and concepts.

I joined the Proving Grounds league first, which was started up by Nautica. We played there and started talking here and there in party chats with other TF guys. After seeing my activity and contributions to Proving Grounds, and seeing my interactions in party chat and stuff, he offered me a spot in the RMG league.

Since then, I've been an active member of RMG, Rags to Riches, and Proving Grounds, and have tried to make sure I remain one of the most active members in each league as well as trying to contribute something new here and there.

If at all possible, I make sure and get on every night for at least a while to play games and such. As far as skill, I am a decent player, and I don't anticipate being a pushover for anyone here, but I probably won't be the best player in the league, and that's fine.

I really like this league and you guys have a solid start already. I know I am enjoying my time as Clemson so far, and I am excited to see how the conference races finish up.

My GT is SodaAddict. Feel free to add me and send me a party chat invite whenever I'm around if there's anything you'd like to talk about or suggest.

9. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to send over a Friend Request tomorrow or the next day...

10. BIGFOOT999

BIGFOOT999 Walk On

Forreal, SodaAddict does cool shit all the time over at RMG, you will be in good hands (y)

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

+1000

Soda is the real deal.

12. SodaAddict

:) Thanks guys.