Chaos Will Reign: 2010 Season Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Jan 16, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Chaos Will Reign: 2010 Season Preview

Conference Predictions

SEC: Alabama Crimson Tide. With Greg McElroy and Mark Ingram returning the Roll Tide look to take control of the SEC as they finished last season on fire. With Florida reloading and Tennessee taking a step back the Crimson Tide look prepared to make a serious BCS championship run.

ACC: North Carolina Tar Heels. The core of a 13-1 team returns this year led by Senior quaterback TJ Yates. UNC has the perfect as opprotunity to make some noise in the ACC as the Hokies took a blow during the offseason as their superstar quaterback bolted for the pros. Boston College, who added a big name coach this year, may give them a scare but remain a season or two away from being a serious threat.

Big East: Cincinnati Bearcats. The Bearcats, led by Zach Collaros, seem to have already have the Big East wrapped up. Unless Pittsburgh or USF (or a Cinderella team, possibly WVU) upsets them they should cruise to the Big East crown.

Big 12: Texas. With OU struggling and Mizzou losing its' way at the end of last season the Longhorns may have an easy time repeating as champions of the Big 12. If they get out of the rivalry game with OU without blemish, the Longhorns may run the table.

Big Ten: Ohio State. If Pryor develops into a threat in the passing game the Buckeyes will be in good shape. Get through their hated rivals in Ann Arbor and the Buckeyes may be looking at a BCS bowl this season.

National Championship Prediction:

Alabama over Texas

*Not how I wanted to write it up but nobody hit me up with their teams key losses/gains and what needs to happen for them to have a chance.

2. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

yeah sorry man ..i planned on doing it just waited to long. Good job though comsidering none of us were much of a help.

3. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Good picks, I'm surprised you didn't pick Tennessee to win it all, haha.

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Jam if BC is at Florida do you want to play tonight? What is your psn?

5. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

I'll PM you, this isn't a good place for scheduling :)

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Good post NJ. Sorry I didn't send you anything. The major question for Florida this year is at QB. It looks like John Brantley will get the start, but we recruited a very talented dual threat QB who could find is way onto the field. Florida also has a minor question at LB with the departure of Brandon Spikes and Ryan Stamper. I'm not too worried there; Brandon Hicks and company have plenty of talent and speed to step up and fill the void.

Key games: Boston College (week 1), @ Tennessee (week 3), and @ Alabama (week 5 I believe)

Prediction: 11-1 SEC Champions

7. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

There are several areas of focus for the 2010 Wolverines. The first is the progression on defense. There were a lot of screwups last season on that end, and that needs to stop for the team to be successful. With Tate Forcier back in action, look for the passing game to heat up, with junior WR Martavius Odoms and senior TE Martell Webb the main targets. Michael Shaw is stepping in as the starting HB, so his level of production will be key also.

However, the biggest question mark is Coach Maximus' blood pressure. If the team can perform well, reducing the urge to curse out assistants and reporters, then he should survive the season. Otherwise, we may see a mid-game heart attack, spelling the end for Maximus.

8. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

The strength for the Buckeyes this year will be the defensive front. With Cameron Heyward moving to DT and Nate Williams filling his spot at DE. It gives the Buckeyes a 98, 92, 96 and 95 rated D line. And behind them are fast and athletic Linebackers.

As good as the defense can be the offense has the potential to be the strenght of the team. Loaded with a good blend of experienced playmakers, and young potential. The Buckeyes will rely heavily on the legs of SR TB B. Saine. But, whether or not the Buckeyes can compete for coach bebuckeyes first NC. Will ride on the arm of JR QB T. Pryor who needs to develop as a competent passer. Pryor has no excuses this time around with potential AA wr D. Posey and young talented recievers, to throw the ball too.The Bucks do travel to Wisconsin and Iowa, but have Scum and Penn State at home.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

No I try to be neutral. Have I completely given this season up? No, I just think Alabama has the best chance to win it all considering their key guys on offense have returned and they grabbed tons of good recruits to fill any vacancies.

Thanks to all who posted. I'll probably copy and paste those in the topic later. And I apologize to the Big East for picking a CPU champion but Cincy is really good on paper. I have a gut feeling Pitt can win it but might have to run the table to do so.