Archived Chaotic Mindz: Season 1 Chat

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DrunkenSoldier, Jul 12, 2011.

1. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I want to run a spread formation with multiple looks from ace and shotgun. I also want to have I-Formation plays included in my playbook. Does this seem acceptable, I'm also thinking of having 6-8 plays from the pistol. Does this constitute multiple? Just want a heads up if i can create my own playbook or i should look for a current playbook that meets my needs

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

that sounds like Texas playbook I believe. If I didnt over sleep I could tell you

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thats because Texas is in transition. I think they are moving to a Pro Offense under their new guy. After that 5-7 season last year I think MB hired a new OC and DC (Don't quote me though)

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Age catchin' up? Or the club? :)

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I've been waking up at like 1-2am for the last two weeks. A few jump-offs have messed up my sleep patterns because there bad ass kids don't go to bed b4 12am then I have to be at work at 10am so I just stay up lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LMAO!! -->Invest in Phenias and Ferb... if it don't work for them, send the shit to me because I love that cartoon! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Preseason Content (Required for all)

Format:

Conference Logo​

Team Banner​

Coach Name​

Position​

Years With School: Record​

Goals and thoughts on goals​

Players (at least one on offense and one on defense) that you think will play major parts on your team (include picture)​

Game you have circled on the calender​

Personal outlook for your team. If your a coordinator talk from that perspective. A couple lines would be plenty.​

Due before we kick off the 'real' online dynasty. This thread will be merged with the Mega Blog. Just want all of this to go together.​

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah, so they're all together. Then I will move them into the Blog

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JerzeyReign
    Defensive Coordinator
    1st Year (0-0)

Offense: Option

Defense: 4-3

Goals

Under 2,400 rush yards allowed in each season​
    Win 8 Games in 1 seaon​
    5+ interceptions in each season​
    3+ interceptions in each season​
    2+ fumble recoveries in each season​
    Win 4 games in one season​
    Under 3,400 pass yards allowed in one season​
    20+ sacks in each season​

Impact Players

[​IMG]
    Steve Erizinger, Senior ROLB #9
    83 Overall

[​IMG]
    Joshua Jackson, Junior CB #14
    81 Overall

Games Circled

[​IMG]
    Week 14 @ Navy

[​IMG]
    Week 10 @ Air Force

Thoughts On Season

Man, this is going to be a long season in West Point. With not a lot of talent on our side of the ball we'll really have to play together if we're going to have any success. Ezinger and Jackson will have to really be my leaders on the field. After them we have a big drop in talent. If our offense can hold on to the ball and allow us to play on 'long' fields we'll be successful. If the offense struggle and makes us play on a short field we'll struggle big time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DJNNFL
    Head Coach
    1st yr (0-0)

Offense: Pro

Defense: 4-3

GOALS

Win a bowl game
    Win 75% of your conference games in one season
    Finish 5th or better in the confernce each season
    Win 8 games in one season
    Finish each season ranked in the BCS Top 25
    Finish each season ranked in the BCS Top 35
    Sign a Top 50 recruiting Class each regular season
    Win 6 games in every season
    Sign a Top 75 Recruiting Class in one regular season
    Make it to a bowl game

IMPACT PLAYERS

Ray Ray Armstrong, Junior SS # 26 (94 Overall)
    [​IMG]

Lamar Miller, Sophomore (RS) RB # 6 (90 Overall)
    [​IMG]

Sean Spence, Senior ROLB # 31 (90 Overall)
    [​IMG]

GAMES CIRCLES
    [​IMG]
    week 3 Ohio State
    [​IMG]
    week 6 @ Virginia Tech

[​IMG]

Week 11 @ Florida State
    Thoughts On The Season
    High expectations are expected in Miami this season, theres alot of talent and leadership on both sides of the ball. Our season is really detemind how well both offense and defense exucute an adjust to the new system.

• Like Like x 2
  12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Head Coach
    Nick Knight
    0-0 (1st Year)

Goals
    3 Year Contract
    15 Goals

Win 75% of Rivalry games each season
    Win 10 games in one season
    Win a Bowl Game
    Win 75% of conference games in one season
    Finish each season ranked in the BCS Top 50
    Finish 5th or better in the conference each season
    Finish each season ranked in the BCS Top 35
    Finish each season ranked in the BCS Top 25
    Fill all team needs before the off-season each year
    Win 6 games in every season
    Sign 10 4 star prospects in one regular season
    Sign a Top 75 Recruiting Class in one regular season
    Make it to a Bowl Game

QB: EJ Manuel
    [​IMG]

RET/CB: Greg Reid
    [​IMG]

OLB & DE: Nigel Bradham & Brandon Jenkins
    [​IMG]

Game(s) you have circled on the calender
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Outlook

Florida State has a lot of returning talent including all skill positions on offense and in the secondary. EJ Manuel steps in full time now that Ponder has graduated and he should be ready from the get go. The defense is under second year coordinator Mark Stoops and after being much improved last year they look to take the next step. This team has the tools and talent to knock of Oklahoma and run the table this year if not 2012 has been circled by most of the Seminole nation.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DrunkenSoldier

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rich Dangles
    Offensive Coordinator
    2 Year Contract

1st Year (0-0)

Offense: PRO
    Defense: 3-4

Goals:

Win 8 Games in one season
    Win 4 Games in one season
    2000+ Total Yards in one season
    2400+ Total Yards in one season
    2400+ Total Yards in each season
    13+ passing TD's in one season
    7+ Rushing TD's in one season
    14+ points per game in each season

Impact Players:

Robbie Rouse, Junior HB #8 (92 ovr)

[​IMG]

Logan Harrel, Senior DT #77 (91 ovr)

[​IMG]

Games Circled

This year Fresno State is playing a 13 game schedule with some tough opponents on it​
    including California, Nebraska, Boise State, Ole Miss, Nevada and a big rivalry game against​

[​IMG]

Thoughts On The Season

With Coach Pat Hill lining up a huge out of conference schedule this year things arent going to be easy for The Bulldogs, With the addition of Rich Dangles to the Coaching Staff Coach Hill is expecting to have a shot at The WAC Title and is hoping for a 10 win season followed by a premium Bowl Game​

• Like Like x 2
  14. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shannon "Bigtubb" Thames
    Offensive Coordinator
    2 Year Contract

1st Year: (0-0)

Offense: PRO (SDSU Base)
    Goals:

Win 8 Games in one season
    Win 4 Games in one season
    2400+ Total Offensive Yards in one season
    2400+ Total Offensive Yards in each season
    Score 14 points a game
    15+ passing TD's in one season
    7+ Rushing TD's in one season
    5+ Rushing TD's in one season

Impact Players:

Ryan Lindley, Senior QB #14 (92 ovr)

[​IMG]

Ronnie Hillman, Sophomore HB #13 (90 ovr)

[​IMG]

Miles Burris, Senior ROLB #9 (88 ovr)

[​IMG]

Games to Watch:
    @ [​IMG]

@ [​IMG]

vs. [​IMG]

vs. [​IMG]

vs. [​IMG]

Coach Tubb's thoughts on the upcoming season and future of Aztec football: Our team is vastly overrated. I hope the team proves me wrong but we are very top heavy and lack a solid nucleus. Take our passing offense, for example. We have a very capable quarterback in Ryan Lindley and a future Heisman caliber TB in RH to catch some passes out of the backfield but our receivers are very young. If we are going to compete for the MWC championship and a potential top-tier bowl game we better do it this year because we will definitely be rebuilding in the next two years. 7 of our 12 lineman are seniors and 3 are juniors.​

• Like Like x 2
  15. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I have a question about my defensive playbook. Ok here's the story. I played a real life hs offensive coach I know from South Carolina. In the game, he called non-stop audibles using only 5 to 8 plays. Now we all know that is chessy but he argues oregon and most high school coaches do it. To stop him, when he got to the redzone, I used a 1-5-5 defense. Obviously, it pissed him off becuz i could cover the option run and outside cheesy pass he audibled to. At the goaline, he would pick a power run with two Tightends and two WR's then audible to 4 or 5 wide so I could cover the pass to the flat with the DE. If I could cover with 3-4, he would audible to option run. The 1-5-5 allowed me to cover his continuous audibles.

Two hours later he sends a dynasty wide email claiming that the 1-5-5 was banned because it allowed nano blitzing and it was a cheesy D and that no real teams run it, especially in the redzone. The other dynasty members, including the def coach on his team that coached Jadevon Clowney and a few players on South Carolina's team, clowned his cheesy ways and saw that he was mad that I kicked his ass. He told me to prove that a team runs it in real life so I sent him the pic below lol.....

Anyway to remedy this problem, I made a custom 3-4 playbook and removed the 1-5-5. I added a 3-3-5 (okie and split) defense and a 4-4 defense formation for goal/redzone purposes. I wanted to know if it was cool to use that custom playbook here.

[​IMG]

CLW
    _MG_
    KnightNoles
    JerzeyReign
    Maximus21
    benbuckeye
    Dean
    DrunkenSoldier
    smace767
    djnnfl
    Big-Bear-W

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

First, I would like to say ALL defenses are LEGAL. Legal base defenses (meaning you come out in them majority of the game) are the 3-4, 4-3, 3-3-5, and 4-2-5. If you use the 3-3-5 or 4-2-5 you must have TWO safeties and THREE cornerbacks on the field. Emphasis on three corners on the field. Their will be no substituting your 3rd string corner with a safety if its your base package... no exceptions. If you want him there, put him there at the beginning of the year. When you run out of corners to put in that 3rd string spot, then you may use a safety. In other words, recruit for your damn system.

Second... you know what? Y'all want to just allow custom defensive playbooks? Just no 'multiple' defenses allowed. Pick a style and build around it. Sound fair and reasonable?

17. smace767

smace767 Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stephon Smace

[​IMG]

Offensive Coordinator
    Colorado Buffaloes

[​IMG]

Offense-Multiple (90% Oklahoma based)
    Years With School: rookie

Record: 0-0

Goals

2400+ total offensive yardage each season <<<<<<<>>>>>>>>
    7+ rushing TD in each season >>>>>>
    55% pass completion over entire contract <<<<<<>>>>>
    win 4 games in one season <<<<<<<<>>>>>>
    win 8 games in one season >>>>>
    2800+ total offensive yards each season >>>>
    2400+ total offensive yardage in one season <<<>>>>
    14+ points per game in each season << >>

My eight goals for this contract are well within reach. I think the most important goal is the 55% pass completion percentage. If we achieve that goal, all the other things we need to do as an offense should fall in line. The only variable to that, that could affect team success is turnovers. But turnovers and individual drills and technique like ball security, are things we will work on every day to get better.

The core of my offensive philosophy i developed during my time at Oklahoma. 90 percent of my playbook is directly Taken from what they did when i was there. I want to strive to be balanced in run pass. HB Rodney Stewart will get 16 to 20 carries per game. I would like both
    Toney Clemons and Paul Richardson to catch 50 pass this year.

Impact Players

Rodney Stewart has got to carry the entire team on his 5' 6" shoulders

[​IMG]

Tyler Hansen has got to provide enough play making ability, and smart decision making to help Stewart carry the offense.

[​IMG]

Toney Clemons must final live up to the hype he had as a highly sought after recruit and freshman at Michigan.

Paul Richardson must Build on his outstanding Freshman season a year ago

[​IMG][​IMG]

On defense SS Anthony Perkins and LB Doug Rippy are the keys to getting the ball back in the offenses hands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2011 season at a glance

CPU Games of note

Week 3 Vs Colorado ST [​IMG]
    Annual showdown is a must win for Bowl bid prospects

Week 5 vs Washington ST [​IMG]
    First PAC12 game against the weaker team in the conf. Got to find a way to win or it could be a long season right from the start.

Week 7 @ Washington [​IMG]
    Another big game that could swing the season either way. It comes after a game at top 5 Stanford the week before.

WEEK 12 Vs Utah [​IMG]
    Last game of the season matching the two newest conf members. A game that could provide momentum going forward.

User Games of note

Week 4 @ Ohio State [​IMG]
    (Benbuckeye)

Yes some Ohio stat players could be suspended and T Pryor is gone. However the team has now some games under their belt and a chip on there shoulder by the time we line up week 4.

Week 12 @ UCLA [​IMG]
    (DirtyD12)
    As the season winds down this could be the last gasp for a bowl bid for both schools.

As the offensive coordinator it is my job to get guys in position to put points on the board. How best we achieve that is by using balanced attacks and game plans utilizing our play makers in the best way determined by match ups.
    I must also focus on limiting mistakes and not putting our Defense out there in bad situations. As we are in a new conference the weather here in November can be something that some of the conference members have not played in much, if it all. We must prepare and execute at the highest level possible to succeed. We look forward to the challenge.

• Like Like x 3
  18. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I agree with the no substitutes. And yes I think custom should be allowed to add more plays but it has to resemble your base D. I only picked 3-3-5 defenses that did not put 5 or 6 defensive backs 10 yards down field or on the line of scrimage. I think the custom playbook should still resemble your base D. For example, since I picked a 3-4 base, adding a 3-3-5 okie and split should be okay. But adding a 3-3-5: Across, Bear and Stack is just dumb. I also feel i should not be allowed to run a 4-2-5, 4-6 or 5-2 on principle.

The same should apply to offense. If I run a pro style and I put spread, pistol or wishbone plays in my offense you guys should have the ability to punch me in the face for every formation added. That would be stupid. The only exception should be baylor's playbook without customization.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dean

Dean Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dean

Head Coach

Offense: Multiple

Win 75% of your rivalry games each season
    Win 50% of your games in one season
    Win 4 games in one season
    Beat a rival opponent
    Sign a Top 75 recruiting class in one regular season
    Finish 6th or better in the conference each season
    Finish 4th or better in the conference in one season
    Sign 5 2* or better prospects each regular season
    Fill all team needs before the off-season each year
    Win 50% of you rivalry games in one season
    Sign a Top 100 recruiting class each regular season

#23 RB Jonathan Franklin
    [​IMG]

#11 ROLB Sean Westgate
    [​IMG]

#6 SS Tony Dye
    [​IMG]

Key Games

9/17 vs [​IMG]

10/1 @ [​IMG]

10/20 @[​IMG]

11/26 @ [​IMG]

The 2011 season the fans will see changes at UCLA. Away with the Pistol offense and in with Multiple packages that will be hard for teams to scheme for. There are weapons for QB Dick Brehaut to throw to in WR Taylor Embree and Nelson Rosario. RB Jonathan Franklin should have another breakout season once again, as he will be focal point of the offense. Defense for the Bruins will be key, as we don't foresee alot of points being scored by the offense. The strength of the D is the secondary, with all starters back. CB's Sheldon Price and Aaron Hester, FS Dalton Hilliard, and SS Tony Dye should all be ball hawks.

The season may be difficult for the Bruins. Road games @Houston, Oregon St, Stanford, Arizona, Utah and USC. Home games vs San Jose St, Texas, Wazzu, Cal, Arizona St, and Colorado. The main goal for this season is getting Bowl eligible and competing for a conference championship.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DrunkenSoldier

Actually i think im going to use Fresno State's Playbook. It's pro style but has every thing i want, it has like 5 shotgun formations so im just going to add some more plays to there formations to fill the play book up

21. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

i use Michigan's pb. label pro by default still has alot of spread formations in it.

22. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I'm still working on my pro style offense. Syracuse is the base but they had no shotgun so that had to change. Defensively I'm starting with 4-3. All I added was some Nickel formations and the 5-2 which I rarely use anyway.

23. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Each version of the game I go with something new... so this year I decided to give pistol a try. I chose the UCLA playbook because it seems to have a pro style feel [which I like] in the pistol.

I took some plays out that looked like garbage. Added three plays [a line on the playcall screen for the Pistol Slot formation]. Other than that may make some slight changes but probably not until I get familiar with the book.

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm a real life pro guy but I'm really thinking about begging you guys for a chance to switch from a DC to an OC so I can run the Option...

25. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Up to you bruh, after today its final.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!