Chargers / Chiefs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shaun Mason, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Chargers / Chiefs

Chargers trade:

Marcus McNeil LT 88ovr

Chiefs trade:

Derrick Johnson MLB 83 ovr

I need to check if the Chargers have hit their trade limit.

2. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    This is MazzMans last trade for the year.

That said, I am fine with this trade.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I approve of this trade.

4. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

good thing there is only 3 traded players. If there were more im sure Chargers would have all the players gone.

I am a no vote

a stud at LT who is young, and the downgrade is huge. I am not comfortable with a team stripping there Oline to fill it with a decent MLB in a team that has great linebackers all over. it is a huge steal for the Cheifs so I feel bad for doing it to him but he either needs to add a top pick or a good Oline in return before I would say yes.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I had similar thoughts, but wasn't as vocal about it. That is why we vote.:)

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah that's the dilemna. Under the premise that some day somebody else might take over San diego I have to vote no. And I wont be voting no a lot. Juggs/Ryno you're up.

7. totalwreckage

I dont like saying no but with the revolving door that could potentially happen especially in year 1 I am worried about it. If we were a cpl of seasons in a little more established i would prob be a little more lenient

8. totalwreckage

all I can say is poor jersey if Ryno or Juggs vote this one down. Thinking your getting two Oline in the 90s to neither has got to be rough lol The irony is I think he isnt giving up enough in this trade and in his other I think its too much lol

I have a heavy hand this season but I promise once thingsget rolling and we know who we can or cant count on in the league after a season or 2 than I will prob give owners a little more freedom and prob would vote a trade like this through or the other but for now I think Ill stnad pat on both decisions

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I am going to vote yes on this one as the deciding factor...here's my reasoning.

I spoke with Jersey, and he is looking to move players, much like HotRod did, who he cannot tag in the off-season. He has alot of guys who will be free agents and was looking to move some of them. He offered me Johnson for Lee Evans 1st, and the for Aaron Schobel. So I think he just wanted to move guys to "get something back" for them.

On paper it's fair. Johnson is an up and coming star at MLB, McNeil is going to be one of the best LTs in football.

So I am going to post that it's approved and hope neither guy jets after the season

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i vote yes, this trade is not a franchise type player and nobody is getting screw job really.

11. totalwreckage

hmmm well not to throw a wrench in here but if his goal was to move players he didnt have to tag he Moved Johnson who he wouldnt have to tag for 3 seasons for a player he has to tag right now in mcneil, so this part of the argument doenst line up for me maybe Im reading it wrong lol

12. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    He probably meant the other way around. I know Chargers have some big FAs coming up, Rivers, Merriman, Cromartie to name a few as well as that tackle.

13. totalwreckage

ahh gotcha

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah sorry...been a VERY long/liquidy weekend. I struggled against Duke with Miami in a game in TT1 I just played for christ sakes.