Chargers Defense Clip the Falcons 21-0

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by coachmimz, Apr 8, 2015.

1. coachmimz

coachmimz Walk On

Going into week 3 the Chargers defense had yet recorded a sack, that changed in a hurry as they sacked Lawson 5 times en route to a 21-0 victory.

Only allowing 31 total offense, while constantly forcing Lawson to make untimely passes, Chargers head coach Kris Mims was quoted "The boys stepped up today, offensively we were effective on the ground. However our defense set the tone"

Scoring in each of the first 3 quarters, San Diego mounted drives of 11 plays, 12 plays and 8 plays in their scoring opportunities. Another effective day for journeymen QB Matt Barkley, who completed only 50% of his passes, however connecting on 2 touch downs and no turnovers.

Ryan Matthews added over 100 yards on the ground as he continues to be a monster to tackle.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice win Kris. Was there a play(s) that stood out or set the tone or changed the momentum? You probably did so via private message following your game, but it's always good to shoot your opponent a "good game" in your recaps as well. Welcome back!

3. coachmimz

coachmimz Walk On

Doug

I sent him one in the PM chat, but I can add it moving forward!

• Like Like x 1
  4. coachmimz

coachmimz Walk On

One of the key plays was a wide open Keenan Allen for a 35 yard touchdown in the 3rd quarter, beating a cover 2 defense with a fly route. Sorry, last night I was a bit under the weather, so its all a bit blurry!

• Like Like x 1