Charter04's TMFL S4 Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by charter04, Feb 27, 2015.

1. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Since I've been officially eliminated from the playoffs for the second year in a row I'll just have to make it entertaining in a different way. So here are my predictions for the playoffs.

NFC

Wild Card Round
    St. Louis Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

-The Rams have the better record and are better in pretty much every statistical category. Both teams are good at running the ball and have big receivers to go deep with off of play action. Tampa Bay will really need to control the ball and keep the score low to have a chance to win. The Rams are not strong at QB but, Geno Smith has played better than his talent. He has plenty of weapons to help. The game will come down to the line of scrimmage and the turnover battle.
    Rams 23 Buccaneers 17

Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles
    -The Packers have had a very good year on offense and are ranked #3 in total offense. The problem is that the Eagles are the #5 ranked defense. Something has to give. The Eagles are usually pretty good at forces turnovers and the Packers have been known to turn it over at times. This game being at Philadelphia should give the Eagles the advantage.
    Eagles 31 Packers 24

Divisional Round

St. Louis Rams @ Seattle Seahawks
    -This game would be the 3rd time these two teams will have played this season and Seattle holds a 2-0 lead in the series for the season. Both teams are ranked up at the top in offense and defense. One team has been here done that. The other wasn't in the playoffs last year. The Seahawks might have the most talented roster in TMFL and with the game being at home they have the advantage. This game will come down to QB play. The Seahawks Russell Wilson might be the best in the league. Advantage Seahawks.
    Seahawks 35 Rams 24

Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears
    -The last time these two teams faced each other was the 31 to 24 home win by the Bears. Lesean McCoy was out that game however and he is probably the most important player on the Eagles. That could certainly have changed the outcome of that game. This year both teams rely on strong defense and strong run games to open up the pass. Although the Bears rookie RB has had a great year I have to take McCoy as the favorite in this match up.
    Philadephia 30 Bears 28

NFC Championship

Philadelphia Eagles @ Seattle Seahawks
    -The last time these to team met the Eagles gave the Seahawks their only loss of the season 33-31. This game was at Seattle so the Eagles know what it takes to do it again. This will be a battle for 60 min. Baring injury both teams can defend and move the ball right up there with any team in the league. As always the game comes down to turnovers. Who will make the crucial mistake. If there is any criticism of the Seahawks it's that Russell Wilson has a tendency to force the ball into coverage a little too much. The Eagles are normally pretty good at taking advantage of those opportunities. Since Seattle doesn't have Sean Lee or Jason Witten we are going with the Eagles to finally end the rain of the Seahawks.
    Philadelphia 37 Seahawks 34

AFC

Wildcard Round

Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals
    -These division rivals have played twice this year and they have both won a game. Both teams won their game at home and with this game being in Cincinnati it will be an advantage for the Bengals. The problem is that the Bengals will be without their starting RB and TE who are two very important pieces to their offense. As for the Ravens, they have the leagues top RB and will be feeding him like a thanksgiving turkey a week before Thanksgiving. If the Bengals can stop the run and compensate for the losses on offense they will win. I think AJ Green will have a big game and the Bengals will get the job done.
    Cincinnati 32 Baltimore 27

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Houston Texans
    - These two teams played early in the year with the Steelers coming out on top. Both teams have explosive offenses but, I think Pittsburg has the better defense. The key is getting pressure on slow as Christmas QB Ryan Mallett. He is a statue in the pocket and needs time to get the vertical passing game going. I think the Steelers will move the ball and get enough pressure on Mallett to win the game.
    Pittsburg 31 Texans 24

Divisional Round

Cincinnati Bengals @ Buffalo Bills
    -The Bills have had their best season in years. They picked up former Eagle Nick Foles in the offseason and he has given them their best QB since Jim Kelly. Sammy Watkins has exploded on the scene and they have a very good front 7. The Bengals will still be dealing with injuries and I think the if the BIlls can play smart and not have the costly int they will get the win.
    Buffalo 30 Cincinnati 29

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Kansas City Chiefs
    - If I was picking this game after week 16 I would pick the Chiefs but, with the lose of their rookie phenom starting QB this really throws a wrench in things. They still have the #1 defense and a great running game but, last season they really struggled at times with QB's like the one who will be starting. If the Steelers can figure out this defense that no one has really been able to figure out this year they have a chance. I don't see that happening.
    Kansas City 20 Pittsburg 10

AFC Championship

Buffalo Bills @ Kansas City Chiefs
    -By this point both teams will have sky high confidence. The Chiefs defense and Bills offense will be firing on all cylinders. The Chiefs will run the ball with their great ground attack and the question will be, can the Bills put a stop to it. I think the Chiefs will continue to dominate on defense and won't need to score a lot.
    Kansas City 26 Buffalo 13

Super Bowl

Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs
    -Both of these teams have explosive offenses and smothering defenses. The Chiefs defense is the best in the league but, the Eagles aren't far behind. With Doughty out for the Chiefs I think their offense is less explosive than the Eagles. Can the Chiefs pull a 2000 Baltimore Ravens and win without a great QB? Is this defense right up there as one of the best of all time. I think so. For the Eagles it will be yet another example in their history of always being the bridesmaid and never the bride. ;)
    Kansas City 21 Eagles 18

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The NFC is STACKED this year. I could see any of the teams making a serious run at the thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Wild Card Round
    5. Rams def. 4. Bucs
    3. Eagles def. 6. Packers
    6. Ravens def. 3. Bengals
    4. Texans def. 5. Steelers

Divisional Round
    1. Seahawks def. 5. Rams
    3. Eagles def. 2. Bears
    1. Chiefs def. 6. Ravens