Chase for #1

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by redlishus, Dec 29, 2012.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

draft pick of next years draft. Please don't be offended just trying to add some new content.

[​IMG]1. Dallas Cowboys 1-9: A 1-1 start has been followed by 8 straight losses. Puzzling thing about this team is that they do have talent at the core positions. However, defense has been the problem this year and can be addressed in the draft especially if they nail the #1 overall selection. Is this the year Dallas is #1? As they always say, Dallas controls their own destiny and LE JeVante Jefferson could provide the pressure opposite Ware that this team needs.

[​IMG] 2. Minnesota Vikings 2-8: Another curious case of a promising season gone awry. Minnesota has the best running back in the NFL but you pair that with one of the worst quarterbacks and it really doesn't spell success. Ponders 22 interceptions can't be overlooked as he has cost this team dearly. They are on the brink of success if they get a passer. There is some talent in this years draft and QB Finau Milton is patiently waiting for the phone call.

[​IMG] 3. San Diego Chargers 2-9: I'm not going to sugar coat this one. The Panthers just dropped 63 on the Chargers. The problem isn't the offense, its the defense. The Chargers can't stop a nose bleed right now. They can score with the best of them but when you score 35 you should be able to win the game. With the #1 pick in their sights, they would be wise to sell to the highest bidder and get some picks in the first round. If they get CB Nate Burchette and LOLB Wes Beauleu things could start looking brighter in the future for this Chargers team.

[​IMG] 4. St. Louis Rams 2-8: Started out 2-2 and things were looking up in a very difficult division. Then they decided to drop 6 straight. Young star QB, check. Decent, grinder on the ground, check. Defense that can hold their own, check. Wide receivers that can get open and stretch the field, nope. If they can string together 6 more losses they could be looking at a difference maker in Andrew Tauton out of USC. A player that can stretch the field and has break away speed. Sam Bradford would be a happy camper.

[​IMG] 5. Jacksonville Jaguars 2-8: A team with no defensive identity. Cornerbacks that all play a multitude of different schemes. Everything about this secondary can be blamed on bad chemistry. They have a solid QB in Blaine Gabbert and a stud RB in MJD. If they don't go all defense in the draft they are doing a disservice to the City of Jacksonville. Package the possible #1 and drop back. Help is on the way if they want it. CB Quan Edwards, DT Mitchell Jantz and the hometown kid out of Florida State SS Ryan Ferguson would definitely turnaround the Jaguars in 2 years. Will they pull the plug and reload? Only time will tell....

• Like Like x 8
  2. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I'm hoping to get the #5 pick. #1 would really suck and there's more pressure to pick a stud...

• Like Like x 1
  3. redlishus

Would you go defense or offense?

4. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Depending on who's there, probably DEF and probably DL or SS. I like my backers and CB. FS is only in his 2nd year. So probably DE, DT or SS if I go defense.
    Offense I may have to replace Murray if he walks. Otherwise, a stud WR to pair with Dez and move Miles to the slot...

5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Nice write up Troy-tastic. I like the digging up of the future stars in the draft.

Solid.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Nice to see a write up about some of the teams that don't get talked about as much. Good read.

• Like Like x 3
  7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Great spin on things Troy!

I'd take the #1 spot! ;)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  8. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Great stuff Troy. Cards want the #1 pick for the 3rd year in a row!

• Like Like x 1
  9. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Curtis if you win the SB and pull off the 1st overall pick again, im going to question that somethings rigged lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. redlishus

SMH...Glad I took the time to do this...Was trying to stir up some conversation with owners we don't ever hear from.

I got a response and a little back and forth with Moe and I do appreciate that.

Eazy E give us something...

TwoTONS04 thoughts???

C'mon pittrocks43 what you got?

dmass Cat got your tongue?

• Like Like x 6
  11. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

12. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

Sorry, havent been around the last couple days.

I have always had a better offense than defense. Just cant seem to figure it out. If I did, I might just start winning some games. LOL

Nice Write up Troy

• Like Like x 3
  13. dmass

dmass Walk On

Jags need a little of everything and since I dont like Blaine, it might be a QB in the 1st round. Still deciding, I need to move up to #1 to solidify my options...lol

• Like Like x 2
  14. thafuture3886

i'll take Blackmon off your hands ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Eazy E

Eazy E Walk On

Vikes are just a mess and it all starts from the coaching staff. There will be alot of changes happening during the off-season. Don't want to give away what they are, but rest a sure we will not have the same type of season next year! Thanks guys

• Like Like x 2
  16. thafuture3886

and i'll take AP off your hands ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

well #1 Jaguars and daryl, whatcha looking to get for gabbert? or you planning on cutting him clean? #2 chargers daryl i was there the last madden and a half, youll come around and itll be a blast. #3 and especially #3 vikings Eric aka Easy win E, secrecy is for people who have an edge and are winning. no offense but your in the runnig for the #1 pick, let me help you by letting me in on your secrets ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. dmass

dmass Walk On

Gabbert will be on the trading block in the off season. He is good but not my kind of QB

• Like Like x 2
  19. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Dallas will not be drafting LE Jefferson, unless we decide to switch to a 4-3 front and I'm not sure that's in the mix right now...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I'm repulsed that I don't have a comment in here telling Troy "excellent thread great job"

Hey Troy...Excellent Thread, Great Job.

How did we end up? Who is grabbing who people? I think there will be some shocking picks in the top five picks...A K and P fest

• Like Like x 1
  21. CHUNKNESS

my guess is the Chargers, Vikings, and Rams will go defense at 1, 2 and 3...

22. thafuture3886

U haven't played the vikes then, ponder is the 2nd coming of Ryan Leaf lol

• Like Like x 3
  23. CHUNKNESS

LMFAO. Quarterback it is then for the Vikings...

• Like Like x 2