Chatbox

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by drowsike, Oct 3, 2009.

1. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Chatbox

Have you guys ever thought about doing a chatbox for site?

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yes we have, and no we aren't going to put one in.

We feel it will distract from league discussion and involvement. That, and we don't want to have to moderate it.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

should really reconsider this..... while moderating it coudl be a serious pain i openly admit that, there are alot of guys here at the sit ewho have little to ZERO communication with any of the TF members outside of their league/dynasty.... it would definitely open up communication betwene members and could ultimately draw more members to game broadcasts/ different posts in league topics and things of that nature..... as long as members are encouraged to still post in their league topics/discussion threads i am confused as to the harm.... again just my opinion but would take the site of rme personally from a 8 to a 9.5.....

4. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

I think it's smart to not have one. In leagues I ran, a majority of "fights" started on a chat box because people didn't have time to cool down and really think before they posted anything.

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

lol derrr i have no idea what u are talking about.. there were fights in those leagues lol

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

maybe we can experiment with it... try it for a week or 2 and see how it does

7. THE Gregoose

THE Gregoose Walk On

Frm my experienced as an ex admin frm another site I found it distraction and caused conflicts between members. PMs is probably the best way to communicate and everything are behind doors and if problem occur not many will find out compared to being broadcast on a chatbox. Just my opinion and personal experienced. Unless u guys have 24/7 Mods to keep an eye on the chatbox some ppl intend to join site with chatbox to advertise thier own site.

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

could put a post limit on it, where certain amount of posts can only see it. VSN has it set at 200 post I believe and it would keep the people that use the site exclusivley to be able to chat

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

it's definitely part of the future plans, but don't expect anything like that until June or July.