Announcement Check-In and Content 13'

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lets all check in here as we are closing in fast on LEGACY 13. I am going to knock out the team pages in the next few days. Until then everyone check in and get ready to be active. We should be checking the forums everyday once the league breaks.

While we are here lets start to generate some content ideas and assignments. Let me know all of your ideas and what you would be down to do for the league. I will be handing all record and result keeping. That usually keeps me busy but I will add one more ontop of my game recaps.

A few things:

How should we do game recaps? One big thread? Weekly thread? Conference Blogs?

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Weekly, imo.

Big ones are messy. Team ones don't encourage people to look at em. Conference blogs were similar to the big threads.

-

Conference blogs could still be a content possibility, but should be something other than game recaps.

3. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Idea:

We have the three conference blogs, each-of-which have the following:

1. GAME SUMMARY Winning coach writes a short summary about the game: Big plays, drive killing penalties, risky moves, etc

2. COACHES PRESS CONFERENCE At the end of each week (3 games) each coach holds a "press conference":
    - How the previous week went
    - Intentions for the following week
    - Team info: injuries, potential position battles, etc, etc

3. CONFERENCE BLOGGERS We have 3 people ( I would like to be one, if possible) who do a complete overview of their assigned conference. The three people would report outside of their conference. (Ex. RadarRider - PAC12, Moonbbad- ACC, Wick - B1G) The goal is to have a non-bias opinion of the conference, its coaches, teams and players.

- Overview of the previous week, next week predictions, forecasting for the overall season, recruiting, award hopefuls, etc, etc.
    - If we can get people to post highlights on youtube, then the conference blogger can pick his play of the week. We could even go as far as having Hova picking his overall play of the week.
    - We could also have the Conference Bloggers ask each coach a question to answer in their pres conference.

4. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

HovaTheGodMC -- do the weekly threads for the game recaps that way it's cleaner.

Conference bloggers is good, I am not sure all the responsibility should fall on three people, I think we should all contribute so the content stays fresh.

5. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I read this this morning and have been thinking about content contributions..... I love to do recruiting stories and analysis during the recruiting process.
    I'll do something along those lines but I'd like to get my hands on the game and check out the recruiting to better see what is possible with the changes they have put in.
    Anyway my plan is do do my SUPERSCOUT feature which involves comparing and ranking recruits, finding hidden gems, and hyping recruiting battles.

6. Hova

This sounds great

7. Hova

This sounds sweet too. Especially with the lower recruits we will all be chasing

8. Wick36

Will we be using the same restrictions?

9. Hova

not sure. We will have some restriction on 5 stars but not sure what yet

10. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Yeah restrictions on 5 stars should be in again, even with the revamped recruiting I'm not holding my breath until we get into it to see if it really is better.

11. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I'm ready to go. I don't have too many new ideas for fresh content, but I'd be more than willing to help out with whatever ideas we decide to go with.

12. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

We could create a central "Legacy13" youtube account for all 12 of users to access. That way we can feed all of our highlights into one account and have someone create a top 10 list every so often.

13. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Will multiple D/custom playbooks still be banned this year?

14. Hova

Multiple D will be. We will discuss playbooks. If we do have them there will be restrictions

15. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

All of my user game recaps this season will be in video form as I have a game capture now.

I was also thinking of recording a weekly "radio show" every Friday or Saturday that would recap the results from the previous week and highlight future match-ups.

16. Hova

Ill be back home tomorrow and we can start rollin some of this out

17. Hova

I need a few volunteers:

1. Season Offense and Defense MVP
    2. Freshman of the Year segment, starting in the 2013 season

If I can get 2 guys to sign up for these content assignments that would be great

18. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I'll take freshman of the year

• Like Like x 1
  19. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I know it's not mentioned, but I'd be willing to do the Heisman watch.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wick36

I can track the top 10 recruits.

• Like Like x 1
  21. MoonBBad

I will do the season offensive and defensive MVPs

• Like Like x 1
  22. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

let's get this party started!! I'm ready to play!

23. Hova

So we wanna roll with weekly threads for game recaps, then have 3 seperate conference blogs where we post each week. Things like post game interviews, next week previews, and direction of team/ conference players of the week? We can get creative as we want in these blogs. Lets try to encourage interaction in them

24. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Yeah weekly threads for game recaps is best I think. The supplemental posting in the blog about all the other stuff could be cool.

25. MoonBBad

Yeah that's how I picture it.