Check-In thread 2-7-11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 7, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Whats up fellas. Lots of stirring going on with the whole bruce/shiftee/dunlap issues. I really hope this game gets in as early as possible tonight so that dunlap can do his thing and we don't get held up super long.

what else is out there?

lets all focus and put all our efforts into these things (we can add if i miss something)
    1 - cleaning up stickies in forum
    2 - cleaning up rules book and structure book
    3 - posting all needed info for offseason
    4 - posting a schedule for offseason (same thread as above)
    5 - prep book and book reps for any changes this offseason
    6 - make sure league knows all changes for upcoming offseason and book
    7 - pick forum and real live draft dates/times
    8 - decide on trades and when to cut off and when to allow

anything else to this list or that we need to discuss?

2. natedawg212000

Game summaries - PATHETIC! lets get on these guys who did not get these done. Whoevers job this is - ox who whoever - give them warnings and get them to post something up.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I did an offseason post, and we have that sticky for offseason from last year that I guess we are keeping the same.

4. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Its my job to get on the recaps I believe and Ive been under the weather the last couple of days. Ill get on the guys that are behind its just trying to catch up from where we were.

I want everyone's feedback on the following regarding recaps. Going forward after games played, all results are posted on forums only when a recap has been completed on XFN. Failure to comply will result in a suspension of a player. (This will be something we will need to agree on. Specifically, the level of the player suspended. Continued non-compliance will result in greater penalties. Longer suspensions, bigger player, as well as probation for the owner.

This is something I think we should start next season. This would also include Board members. It would go a long way to prove a point if one of us failed and was punished. Not sure how we handle it yet. Do we give a freebie or not? Do we just suspend a big time player? This is something the board could review and hand down. Stang and Gaddy look like prime suspects for this so Id be curious how they would respond. Thoughts??

the stirring with Bruce/Shiftee/ Dunlap is basically because Dunlap has been somewhat of a douche and his availability is rather bs. Good for him for being available the past few days. Lets hope Dunn knocks him out. [​IMG]

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, KO, why don't we hash something out now? I know someone in the board was working on that idea at one time. If someone could find that thread and bring it back here, we could look and see what it looked like and go from there.

6. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Sounds good.

and one last thing I have to say to someone here.

FUCK YEA!!!! CONGRATS

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

8. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

So it will be sad when you travel to KC or Foxboro for the AFC Championship to lose.....[​IMG]

9. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

10. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

FYI - Your the new Goliath!!! I Kid I kid....

11. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

LOVE IT... maybe to prove some points we should maybe do a little public acting, where it be on the blast chat or on the forums. ill be the ginney pig if needed and take a warning early on next season. I purposely wont post my first win recap next season, and yall just rain hell on me for it. Threaten to kick me out, all that good stuff, threaten to sit CJ, tell me im a bad board member hahah... anyways. Aim your wrath at me and i guarantee ppl will notice and see

Ill get up the final win for the titans, the day after my ps3 broke so i kinda be depressed about doing the whole madden thing until i get a new one but it will be up tonight along with season 2 stats copied to my photobucket so we wont have to wait to advance to the offseason

12. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

we can make an example of you now..... LOL.

However, next year, I think handing out suspensions will be the way to go. The more I think about it, it should be stud offensive players as well. Make it hurt. First for a game, next offense for 4, then for season. (basically like IR'd)

13. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

do it
    lets talk to nate first and ill hold off on getting that last recap up. He is says its ok, ill give you guys free rain to shove me under the bus

14. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

one league has a setup that i thought was pretty good on suspensions

something like first warning, starter of teams choice for 1 game
    1st strike- top WR or RB for 1 game
    2nd strike- top QB for 2 games
    3rd strike- Top skill player for season or something like that

ill look around for it, i saw it somewhere on xfn

15. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Oh the other I would mention is that if any players so happened to be suspended for the year they are actually cut/frozen and are available for FA bidding next season. Thoughts?

16. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

wow lose a player hahah, might as well just kick the owner and give the intact team to someone else

17. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Its looking like we will be doing a forced cut. The players in question will be frozen and can/will be re-signed after the suspension

18. natedawg212000

so are we good with this list? can anyone help us get started on it?

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think we should stick with just suspending for the following game. Forcing them to cut a player into FA is a bit rough, if you ask me. That's what the boot process is for.

20. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

wait i think what "forced cut" means is physically removing them from the roster for their game that week the player is suspended so they don't wind up using them in the game, right?

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If that is what it means, then we are all on the same page. However, the last post from Coach KO sounded like a player would be force cut in the offseason for issues with recaps. I think that is a bit much.