Check In Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

This will be our new home.

I have a couple more sticky type threads to get up, but start posting or making threads in here instead of the post in the new members lounge.

-

A couple reminders and things to get out of the way...

• We will start by next Tuesday, barring something major happening.
    • You need to post a game summary for every game played (CPU and Human). More is better, but you only really need to give the score and a couple sentences on how it went. It's easy and only takes a little bit of time.
    • Game scheduling must be done on the forums so that there is a record of it. If there's nothing on the forums, I can't tell who is making an effort to schedule, and it will influence my decision on whether or not to put someone on AP.
    • If you have an issue with someone's game play, tell them and try to work it out. If it continues to be an issue, let me know via PM. DO NOT bring it out in the forums. That's not the way things are done here and I will be pissed if you do that.
    • Right now I am leaning towards using a names only roster set. We may use the OS community ones, depending on whether or not they are out and how much they changed ratings wise.
    If there's anything I missed, or you have any questions, just post.

azreinman
    xSavedByGracex
    the bigg dawgg
    whales30
    Jolts57
    schreck822
    Wick36
    droid43
    Theezy
    cyclonecountry
    EMbow513
    xassassin4lifex

2. cyclonecountry

cyclonecountry Walk On

For User v User games are we just going to have the winner post results?

3. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

I'm in there like swimwear. personally i would rather use default rosters with names like fairdale kings does it.but its up to.u guys

• Like Like x 1
  4. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

I have to do some more research on North Carolina, I know they have a 90+ rated back and an 86 overall QB. But other than that I'll have to check out the player ratings again.

5. Wick36

Yep, only the winner needs to post.

6. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I'm ready ^^ Would it be possible for me to switch to Michigan Wick?

7. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Looks like I won't be posting much than ;)

8. Wick36

:rolleyes:

9. Wick36

Switched you.

You are now an enemy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. droid43

droid43 Walk On

In. I don't care much for rosters, as long as they have the correct names and there are no ridiculous rating changes.

I've already got an excel sheet displaying the needs based on numbers and depth for my 2013 class. Chalk it up to being really stoked about the recruiting this year, and way too much free time at work. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

ahh man thats crazy! I have tonight and tommorow all free so I might do that as well :p

12. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

Looking forward to it!

Actually, can I still switch up my team? I would like to switch to Arizona St if possible. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  13. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ASU SUCKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol jk..but no really.

14. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

:) got a couple family members who graduated there. i wanna see what i can do with their football team.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

hahaha alright thanks bro

16. Wick36

Yep.

17. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Aight cool,my ncaa 13 is on its way right now to be delivered. I just gotta buy my xbox live again because mine expired july 4th

18. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Here I am.

As for rosters, my vote would be for the ones from CCarson over at Operation Sports. I understand the point about just using named rosters, but those guys do a great job of making the rosters as accurate as possible. They remove anybody that has been booted or transferred from a team, update class standing to make sure that is accurate and so on. Their first file doesn't mess with ratings much at all, unless there is something ridiculous that blatantly needs changing (obviously subjective, but I was impressed by how they handled it last year). It is just incredibly annoying to be stuck with guys on your team that shouldn't be there when we're going for a realistic take on the season. They should have the roster out by this weekend too so we should be good to go.

Just my 2 cents based on my experience over the past several years.

19. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I also use the OS community rosters and have felt that they have done an outstanding job each year they've updated the rosters.

20. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Is it safe to assume that we are going to set it up so that user teams are all in opposing divisions within their conferences? Makes it more fun to have to play a user to win your conference championship than the cpu.

It's too bad the new 4 team playoff isn't in the game, will make the postseason crazy in OD's if there are 4 users battling it out.

21. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Also, just checking, is the list of users our gamertag or name on this site? My gamertag is Schreck822 (i think capitalization matters). If it's not our gamertags, it would be nice to have that included so we can all add each other as friends, makes it a lot easier to set up games and know what's going on.

22. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

i is what i is

23. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

My GT is Spudseal2 if anyone wants to add me.

24. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Hey I might switch to Rutgers if that's okay. I haven't decided for sure yet but will before we start. I guess it pretty much depends on if they get the new jerseys in an update before we start.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  25. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

haha that was the team I originally was going to be. They're supposed to be pretty decent.