Check out this middle school football trick play - imagine this in the NFL

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by fuzzyl0gic, Nov 8, 2010.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Good stuff..

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

wow!!!!! that's so wrong, lol

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You would draw a deception penalty in the NFL.... I know I seen one where the kid was complaining about a wet ball and the QB was acting like he was taking it to the coach to get it wiped off and then took off down the sidelines...

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Haha, yeah, I know this would never work beyond the scope of middle school football..just funny to imagine.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Peyton Manning used to act like he was walking to the sidelines like he didn't understand the playcall or act like he was about to call a timeout... I think he actually was the culprit of having that stuff banned

6. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

haha, yeah...he was good at it. You never knew what he was changing pre-snap

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Here's the play I was talking about earlier:

8. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I bet Les Miles will be recruiting this kid for LSU lol.

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

If I was the opposing coach, how obvious is it that it isn't a legal play? The center PICKS IT UP and hands it over the shoulder to the QB, which is way against the rules of football

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't know that to be the case, are you an official or something? That would be news to me. Snapping between the legs the most efficient, and therefore the most utilized way of snapping the ball, however I believe the rules are that the center has to have the ball on the ground and then give it to a person behind him to start the play, I don't think it's necessarily dictated that it has to be a traditional snap. In fact I thought that in the very early days of football this stuff was pretty commonplace, it looked a bit more like RugbY?

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

It's so popular it made C'mon Man tonight on the MNF Countdown show.

12. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

you don't have to snap the ball through your legs. If i remember correctly, back in original football the snap used to be sideways ala pickup football. Snapping through the legs is the defacto rule just because its the easiest way to get the ball to the QB while also allowing your center to be in position to block right after.

think of the old swinging gate play.

here's a video from a Boston telecast that showed the play. the sportscaster seems to think the play was illegal (and I'd say the one Jerzey posted certainly was).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXntobM3yU