Check the Front Page

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Check the Front Page

Our announcement article is up, and it was really easy to put together. I think I'm going to like this new system quite a bit. Once our League News section is created, I'll start moving stuff from the other site over.

Looks like we're official.

AG

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Looks good. Glad to hear it's easy. The easier it is to post content, the more we'll have.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That is exactly what I was thinking. The way it is formatted works well, also. New stuff goes up, older stuff scrolls down, and then eventually becomes old news, but it never gets lost.

Very cool.

AG

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

done :dance nana:

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Ok everyone,

I put a bunch of stuff up on the main page. It can also be accessed from the league news link. Just scroll down to OFFL 1.

A few things:

1. This was not hard at all. Posting was pretty simple, and most of the text was not written by me. I just took what you guys posted in the game summary thread, and what you wrote on the old site. If you want to help me out, you can do this - snap a pic or two during a game. Upload them to easportsworld, and post them in the forum with your summaries. Ideally, these pics will be 225 X 150 in size, and close up shots (pics that small don't show much if they're far away). This is the size of the pics at the top left of the post, and on the main page. If the ratio isn't right, the pics get stretched when the upload, and they look funny. If I have the pics and a game summary, my job is easy. The guys who do this will probably get more press because of how easy posting is if these things are done.

2. I will comment on games and post what I think is news. Blitz's loss is news, but I do not want to bruise any egos here. I added a bit at the end that I think is true, but the loss itself had to go up.

3. Make suggestions - If one of your guys isn't getting any love from the Heisman voters, let me know. If you just won on a last second hero play, let me know (and record it for sure, pics too). If you want to talk trash about a rival, let me know. I think you get what I mean.

Hope you guys like the new home. I sure do.

AG

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

And so I don't forget - I'd like to say a big, and very public thank you to Ryno, drifter, and the rest of the TF guys for all the help. I got everything I needed almost as quickly as I could ask for it.

These guys are really on top of things.

7. ReagleBeagle

ReagleBeagle Guest

I have to be honest...I was scratching my head with a major WTF thought when I read we were changing web sites and forums again but this is really great.

I love the front page (even though it has an article on the pounding I took from ND), the forums, the whole site. This should be a great home to the league for a long time. Good job AG and all that contributed to this partnership.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Thanks. We'll make sure to get Texas some more positive press in the coming weeks. Drop an idea or two in the sticky thread when you get a chance.

9. ko deadeye

ko deadeye Walk On

I am very glad that OFFL has changed to this page and we are on here now. AG big pat on the shoulder on this.