Check your invites and do your recruiting

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Check your invites and do your recruiting

We are currently in Week 15. Everybody had their week 14 recruiting simulated due to the issue noted in the "problem" thread. So week 15 recruiting may be especially important.

Please accept your invites, do your recruiting, and be ready for an advance later tonight. Rhude has to play the conference champ. game tonight if he has time, I will ask him what the latest possible time is and we'll advance just prior to that. So get 'er done.

2. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

done

I'm good at 10pm to play

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ok done. I will advance the league at about that time. Unless ryno figures out what's going on and wants to put up another file....

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

as of lunchtime im still having the same issue... im able to join a dynasty but i cannot host one. It kicks me off EA Server somewhere between 10-15% of upload progress. Doesn't matter if it's a brand new dynasty or a TT retread.

I messaged that guy OMT (Adam) who works on NCAA and posts at Operation Sports and got the brilliant response of... "hmm im not sure, i know your limited to hosting just one dynasty".... NO S*&^T sherlock holmes... tell me something that might actually address my problem....

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hmmmm... I almost guarantee it's a similar issue as happens on Forza... If you lag in the auction house, sometimes the cpu will think that you're cheating and it kinda locks you out of there. You have to get Turn10 to unlock the account. Which they did for me within about 10 minutes. Good luck getting a response from EA. lol.

In this case, the Fosher prematurely deleting his scrim file probably created some kind of conflict where it felt you were hosting 2 files or who knows.... obviously some kind of conflict there.

I'd highly recommend creating another username (Rynoaid2?) paying the extra 7 bucks, and retiring the other account. Use your wife's debit card or something if you paid with yours, and another email address. I'm almost certain this will address the problem. And if not you wasted seven dollars instead of wasting several hours trying to get any help from EA.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

OH.... HEY.... I can't believe I didn't think of this.

If you haven't tried it already, delete all of your game saves. Go to the files section and cycle between the dynasty, online dynasty, etc. and press Y on all of them and delete everything. Then try it. You can also try clearing your cache in case there is something harmful in there.

Here is how to clear your cache if you're not already aware...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KWiIB24Nfg[/ame]

It'll make you re-download any patches but no biggie.

7. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I had something similiar happen to me in my Vetz dynasty.....in year 3 of the offseason, it wouldn't let me get past 20% after that it would creep upward to about 80%, then kick me off the server.......I noticed that some of the lights on my modem had went off during the process.....So I thought it was my internet, so when I called my cable company they saw that my internet had about a 70% packet loss....so they came out and changed my modem, and I was able to proceed with the dynasty

Not sure if that is what is happening to you, but thought I'd share that

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That sounds a heckuva lot like what was happening to Ryno.

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

interesting...

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    This sounds very similar to what happened to me last year when we were trying to do offseason. I was getting to different percentages from 20-70% and then the connection would drop. Kept trying, but it got too late a some of the guys went to bed. The next morning I opened up my router's logs to find out that it was the EA servers that were booting me. Not sure why, I'm sure it had to do something with the fact that I was just lagging so bad on my uploads/downloads. It was at least enough for them to single me out.

That next morning I was able to get on fine and haven't had any problems since.

11. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Yeah Drifter, sounds like the exact same thing that happened to me during the offseason.....I kept trying, but it got too late so we had to scrap trying to do the offseason that night......I usually bypass my router and go direct from the modem, so I had assumed it was something fucked with my internet, not the EA servers for a change lol