Check Your Settings

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Check Your Settings

Hey guys, this may be old news, or maybe it can help one of you (maybe not). Make sure you check your settings in the game and turn some things on and off to your liking. I found that I played much better with ME controlling when to sprint (I COULD ACTUALLY RUN THE FOOTBALL!!), and without my play art flashing on the screen without me touching any buttons. There are a couple other settings in there that you can tweak as well.

(y)

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Does auto sprint default on?

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Yes it does, I did not even notice. Thanks for the heads up

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've seen a lot of posts on OS asking how to turn off the play art (which I had figured out in my 1st game on the demo) and I don't understand it. Why would anyone not want their play art to show? It pisses me off that during online games it won't show for me and I need to hold the trigger to look at it temporarily (and if I'm still holding it when the ball is snapped, my controlled defender won't do what he's supposed to).

So what is the reason to not have it on?

5. Hova

They Don't use plays they just run around with pryor all day ;)

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Oh!!!! :p

I'm in the camp that doesnt really like my playart to pop-up unprompted. To me it is a bit distracting and takes away from the clean feel of the pre-snap screen. I probably only bring it up on 60-70% of my plays.

What do you guys think about Auto-Sprint? I was playing Helli last night and he seemed to like it, but I think I may roll with it off. After years of learning when to sprint, I just dont really see the need for it. For me, sprinting has become so second nature that I don't really see a value-add to having it on auto.

7. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Auto sprint "on" seems to make the player slower to react on defense... but it could just be me.

On offense it didn't seem to make that much of a difference.

@ Jello
    I like play art when I dictate when it comes up. When play art flashes in your face when you didn't do it... it seems to tweek a bad nerve in me and pisses me off. Now I do look at play art before every play, but it just seems different when you're forced to look at, instead of it appearing at your request... and yes, yes I do think that seems a little crazy. :eek:

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
  9. jello1717

I played the demo for probably 20-30 games and after half of them I've switched to auto sprint and I like it better and it just seems more natural to me (although I'd greatly prefer it if sprint was taken out of the game completely) so I've used auto sprint the entire time in '11 so far.

10. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I agree 100%, my issue here is does auto-sprint actually hinder your ablity recover from being burned on defense... I seem to think yes. Which would mean that people playing with auto-sprint on would actually be at a disadvantage.

BTW - Jello, I actually have modified rules about sprinting when I play the cpu. I feel that the only way to get a realistic game is to not use the sprint button : when you're the QB on a passing play, after catching the ball on offense, intercepting the ball, recovering a fumble, punt return and kick returns... and I do play every OD cpu game this way. So if I keep auto-sprint on, I'll get more unearned TDs on returns, pick 6s, and break one tackle/burn man-to-man catches for TDs because the cpu doesn't realize they don't have the talent to go man-to-man. What winds up happening is I can go undefeated against the cpu, despite losing every game if you just looked at offensive points scored. (true story back in NCAA'09, and that's why I came up with the no sprinting certain times)

11. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'd vote for the auto sprint feature to be on. I think it's a more natural/sim style of physics. Plus, it gets rid of the defense turning super human (getting off & dodging all blocks) once you hit the sprint button with your ball carrier.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I disagree. I couldn't run at all with the autosprint on. I turned it off, and ran fine.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'd agree with all of that. I haven't had problems with running with the autosprint on and it lets me focus more on hitting the holes and following my blockers.

14. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I'm playing with it off right now. I haven't tried it on, but I'd prefer to have more control rather than less.

15. Hova

Can't you decide user to user or is this a setting that effects the whole league like a slider?

16. jello1717

It's a user preference.

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Then have it where you want.:)

18. Hova

Eggggxactly