Checking In

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by GoGators, Feb 14, 2012.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

What's up guys? I've been trying to keep up with the Deuce a bit lately and I must say, I still have a ton of fun reading some of the content you guys put up. Just read the mid cycle review from a month ago and must say I found it very entertaining. Seems JR and OM are up to their usual tricks.....what's most impressive though is Bondzai seems to be leveling the playing field a bit. Way to go man....(I miss forza fyi)

As for me, the wedding went well this summer, things are good at work, and I'm still plugging along in the experience with this game. I definitely miss the epic user battles from this league though.

I did have a question for you guys though. Given you're all 10+ seasons in, are you guys getting competitive games from the CPU at all anymore? I noticed you guys finally switched to heisman this season and JK's gone......bummer.

Well hope everyone's doing well. Also, I agree with the crowd, next time you go to the slopes Drifter you gotta get a new jacket lol.

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

That reminds me.. Shaun Mason or whoever

Can you please post your sliders? :p

Sorry GoGators didn't mean to hijack your thread!

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    We've always been on Heisman, both recruiting and sliders.

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    and the CPU still kicks everyones ass..cept drifter and lawdog

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I've got cpu down, I just havent been able to beat users the last couple seasons :(

6. PAgamer07

Are you guys all playing as powerhouses? Any recruiting restrictions? (cant always go by league description)

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

None of us our powerhouses, all rebuilding projects just like Ohio St

8. GoGators

I guess I misspoke. I didn't mean this season, but this release.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    None of us started at Powerhouses, but Drifter at Oregon State and OMLawdog at Illinois are both powerhouses now. We have a restriction in the off season bases on your current prestige to keep people from loading up on the new guys.

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Recruiting really hasn't gotten out of hand until the last two seasons. I signed like 15 :5stars: (9 in a single season). It doesn't look that bad this season now that everyone has started to figure out how to recruit as a 4, 5 and 6 star prestige team.

11. PAgamer07

Can you post your sliders this evening please? Id love to try them out. Getting tired of ours. Now that guys are finally getting good recruits in some teams aren't losing to the CPU.

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I can try. Just remind me if you see me online.

They really aren't anything special. Just tuned as we have gone along. Probably due for another tweak now that everyone's team has stepped it up.

We implemented a few things to keep people from building unbeatable monsters within 5-6 seasons. It has worked really well this year.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I have figured out how to recruit LIKE a 3 star prestige team...as a 5 star prestige team.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PAgamer07

Yeah we have really strict recruting restrictions (must recruit to 70 and all recruits must average 3.5 stars) but guys are really smart about the players they are landing, and after a few years with the system it's time for a different change.

Ive done all I can with the sliders without making them goofy and unrealistic (on AA btw).

15. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Same thing for me.. Pretty sure JR's class was on par with mine last year, and I believe he was a 3 star and I was 6.

16. GoGators

I'm NU in the exp. which I believe you are here. They are easily the most frustrating team I've ever recruited with. Are you getting mopped up by NIU and pretty much anybody else that recruits against you on the trail? The "A" rating for academic prestige at NU kills me among other things.

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    LOL, once you start winning your other pitches go up. Are you winning?

18. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

19. GoGators

Yeah I'm winning.....top 5 last season and probably top 10 this season. Haven't won the conference yet though cause somebody is Wisconsin and the talent gap between our programs is 14 overall points (99 to 85) I'm up to a five star, but I just can't compete w/a lot of schools on the recruiting trail it seems. I still pull solid classes, but that's from being a scavenger and getting all the best of the left overs. What's your squads overall at NU?

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    79 this year...but I've managed to win 10 games a few years in a row basically due to scheme.

21. GoGators

Nice! Last I checked you were going Air Raid. You still doing that or have you switched to something else or gone custom? NU is easily the toughest team I've played with and given the difficulty I have recruiting my state when I'm the only one in it I can't imagine what it's like trying to recruit for you with OM at Illinois too. Bet those are some fun games though.

22. JrRawlins

Indiana is worse.... i get drummed in my own state recruiting by Purdue and Notre Dame... then add Ball State who competes for 4 star recruits... and Illnois ( Lawdog) and Northwestern ( Shaun) its been tough getting to 4 stars.... i been rolling with most 3 star guy until this year... this could be the first year i get 3 or more :4stars: recruits.....

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    We had two barn burners last year (regular season and CC game) that he won, this year he took me to the woodshed.

24. GoGators

I can imagine....at least you get that sick stadium to play in. In my tour in the big ten, I think Indiana may have the coolest stadium in the game. With how close the stands are to the field and the steepness of them it feels very enclosed.

How's the record? You get a NC this year?

25. JrRawlins

no titles yet... a conference title in the MAC... but i have stuggled mightily in the B1G 10 so far.... maybe as my talent increases i can begin to compete, but right now we are still on the outside looking in....