Chew Clock--Not Allowed in User Games

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JHeb, Aug 24, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Chew Clock--Not Allowed in User Games

I'm not jumping on anyone's butt or anything esp. since it's not in the rules or the topic of a thread here...But, we do not allow the chew clock feature to be used in user vs. user games...Got it? Cool...

Edit:

There are probably situations you guys will come up where it would be okay to use...If so, post them here and I'll clarify. Until then, no using the Chew Clock.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

oh crap i didnt know that. I started chewin the clock late in the 3rd with a 3 score lead agasint prinny. Didnt know we couldnt do that

3. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Hova, noone knew except me inside my little brain...I failed to post it...Not a biggie. I just wanted to post it now before I forgot. Don't feel bad. If it wasn't you, someone would have eventually. Just so we all know now.

Thanks...

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

alright cool

5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'm going to use it to preserve a lead in the 4th unless thats forbidden. I'll just do it manually (which is boring as hell) if not.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I would actually argue that it is in the rules and that the rules say that we can use it. Shane used it against me when he kicked my ass and even at the end of the game I used it myself. I think that in the situation Shane used it it's perfectly acceptable (which, of course, is why I used it too at the end of the game). From the rules description it reads:
    I read that to say that we can use kill clock with < 1 minute left in the half to get to halftime and in the latter parts of the 4th QTR if you're up big. It sounds like Hova might've jumped the gun a little with kill clock, but other than that it sounds fine to me.

If we're not going to be allowed to chew clock, then you should change the league description from something that implies it's okay to something that explicitly says it's not.

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Like I said, I knew situations would be brought up and YES, you can do it as it states in the rules for "killing the clock" or however it was worded. I just wanted the word to get out and remind all of us not to use it all game long, early in the 3rd, things like that.