Chew Clock

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Sep 26, 2009.

?

Should Chew Clock be allowed at anytime if we increase the minutes?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Chew Clock

I wanted to bring this to attention. I think we should allow chew clock to be used at anytime throughout the game. However, we would have to put the game at 7 or 8 minutes. I am posting a poll. Please vote.

2. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Only 4th quarter under 3 minutes with the lead.

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I never use the chew clock option, but I would like to take my time when going to the line of scrimmage and assessing the defense. Hate the feeling of rushing my offense just to get the ball of before the play clock dips below 10 seconds.

4. controllerabuser

Well, if we are playing on 8 minutes it should be allowed at anytime. It isn't being abused and it is realistic.

5. controllerabuser

Right, it is totally up to you as the coach. Take for example, my game against USC(sdid22). Had I ran the chew clock feature I might have been able to change the outcome of the game. Limit the opponents time on the field. If you have good defense you should be able to stop them.

With 8 minutes, you still are expected to make it a sim score.

6. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Abusing chew clock is not realistic at all I have to question what's going on if this type of game play is actually encourage.

7. controllerabuser

Are you saying that chew clock is cheese? From what I've read it almost seems like you are saying something but not putting it out there.

8. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

I have seen this before in 2009. I have had people run the clock down to 1 second before every single play. It's not enjoyable in the least.

9. controllerabuser

First of all, it is not cheese.

Cheese is something that exploits the A.I.

I would expect that people wouldn't run it down to :01 second every play.

With 8 minutes, you have more than enough time to run your offense the way you want. You have more than enough time to run the plays you want more strategically. You have more than enough time to score.

10. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Why are you flipping out? I never stated it was cheese I simple stated it's not realistic and question why it would be implemented in the first place. I have one of the worse teams in the league and would never resort to something like this. I'm going to lineup with the user across from me and play him. Win or loose i'm not going to resort to something like the proposed rule change.

11. controllerabuser

It is how you say things. Whether you use it or not you still are "lining up and playing your opponent".

12. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

I say it should be allowed at any time if we increase the minutes. For example, my gameplan against a strong offense might be to keep them off the field. To accomplish that, I want LONG DRIVES ending in points.

I like where the quarters are at though.

13. controllerabuser

G- exactly my points. I wouldn't expect people to run it down to :01 second every play. Use it strategically.

If, we allow the chew clock function then quarters would have to be moved up. At 8-9 minutes it would still be a decent game stat & point-wise. Even against the cpu, you would have good games.

14. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The only amendment I would like to see with chew clock is that if a team is blowing me out or if I am blowing them out I would like to use it earlier in game. Blowout meaning up by 21 or more points in 3rd qtr. If up by 9 or more in 4th it should be used at any time.

Not a big fan of raising minutes though. Have not voted yet.

15. controllerabuser

If the vote goes the way of yes. It will be allowed at anytime during the game.

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I don't care either way if we bump mins up we can use it if I play somone that it 100 percent opposed to it i wont do it regardless of vote.

17. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I voted no, mainly because I like the minutes where they are, and the it's really only needed where blowouts are involved.

18. controllerabuser

With the vote count at 8-2 we will be switching to 8 minute quarters for next week and you are allowed to use chew clock.

19. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I had a game against Cimmy last night where I was down 21 in the third and had my chances to win. Came back to 21-18, he added 3, and I forced a pass to end my chances with around 1:30 remaining. Had he been chewing clock early, I would have been really pissed in that situation. 6 minute quarters that is.

Mike