Chew Clock

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Cheez, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Anyone else think that taking the clock down to ten seconds is a little too much? There is not enough time to even send a WR in motion without snapping the ball before he is set in position...

• Like Like x 1
  2. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Yeah it makes it tough for adjustments. But the games are already taking too long as it is so I wouldn't want less clock runoff.

3. Cheez

less game time?

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I think that would be the better option , I mean if I am 3rd 12 and I come to the line and dont have time to adjust my blocking to stop blitz and call hot route that sucks. I think it is the worst way to make games shorter. I am all for avoiding 15 hot routes per play but I think we need to do something.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MoonBBad

Go back to the way we had it last season. My .02

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cheez

Baron

are we agreeing? this makes me feel uncomfortable

7. Cheez

i'd be okay with that

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I agree. I'm not a fan of the 15 minute quarters and accelerated clock.

9. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Can't we just put the accel clock to 20 instead of 15?

10. Cheez

it's at 10 right now. would be open to trying 15 or 20 though.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It was in 12, I moved it to 11 based on "OMG these games are long" feedback. Remember that last year in preseason we had the same complaints. Once the regular season starts no one will be complaining about how long the games are.

It's more important to me to stop people checking 15 times at the line then worrying about you motioning or leaving blockers in. Right now you have time to audible, flip, hot route, motion, etc, just not in combination.

I will adjust based on what I see in the preseason.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MoonBBad

If my game takes 90 minutes to compete like our week 1 pre season game did I will be complaining that it's too long. Fuzz and I were running the ball a lot as well.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Games played in the preseason have been averaging the same amount plays as last season Moon.

14. MoonBBad

I'm talking about time. Ive never had a game go that long and I don't seem to Be the only one. You like data. I'd like to have everyone time their games for the next few weeks and report it back and we can see what the numbers come in at.

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If you can explain how the same number of plays equals different game time I'm interested to hear it. I'll check back tomorrow because right now I'm frankly not in a very good mood, and I don't want to come off like an asshole because I don't feel good.

Two days of vomiting will do that to you.

16. Cheez

1st - I resort to the old addage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". You admit yourself that nobody was complaining anymore about the length of games - why the change?

2nd - You are wrong about having time to send guys in motion. I get to the line with about 5 seconds left because I don't rush my guys to the line. It is not possible to motion a WR across the field and have him set for the play. I had multiple delay of games penalties because there is simply not enough time left on the play clock to send guys in motion. You're right about there being time for quick audibles, flipping plays, and hot routing players. But not about motioning players.

3rd - If people are making 15 different audibles pre snap, what the hell are they doing here anyways? This is a premier league meant for the premier members of this site. And that title costs more than $12. It's about having a positive reputation on the site, and someone who is doing that nonsense doesn't fit the bill.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Oh god, no.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Nothing against AzureEffect - but once we hit the "two minute drill" where the accelerated clock didn't factor in- there were 4-6 calls at the line as opposed to maybe one with the accelerated clock. I hate when people come to the line and make 5 or 6 calls, adjusting the routes to the coverage and all that shit. Hot Routing can blow me-- + I hardly ever saw people manually motion last year so I am not buying that as a reason to change from the current setup.

As Shaun mentioned as well, if we are getting the same amount of plays I don't understand how the time could be longer.

On top of allllllllllll that-- it is nice seeing 15 minutes, adds to the realism feel.

19. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Don't give a shit, just want to play ball.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Cheez

If you're a guy who just runs up to the ball and snaps it, I can see why it wuoldn't affect you. For a guy like me, who likes to use motion to set up blocks, this issue is devastating if it remains unresolved.

• Like Like x 1
  21. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    i thought we were supposed to stick with the green routes for motioning?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Let me give you all some free advice since I'm pretty sure the last two times I've raised an eyebrow I've been told to just stfu and play. Well....... stfu and play.

Play within the confines of the rules/settings set by Shaun. That's all we can do.

23. MoonBBad

Sorry not going to happen. If I have a problem with something I am going to speak up about it. I have a problem with the new clock. I don't just bitch to bitch. I voice an opinion when I strongly feel one way or the other.

That being said. I am not just going to bitch and just say I don't agree. I will go through the paces and collect data all throughout the preseason to support my position. I can't be playing 90 minute games all season plus recruit, practice, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Cheez

When the settings detract not only from enjoyment, but from realism - I think there is a right to discuss them. There should be no reason that you have to mash A to get to the line and snap the ball immediately. That's not realistic whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I just don't like that Saw and I had to run the ball exclusively in the second half just to get done in a reasonable time.

• Like Like x 1