Chick-fil-A Bowl Miami 17 vs Alabama 28

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Oct 26, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Chick-fil-A Bowl Miami 17 vs Alabama 28

It took three times a charm to get this one in.

This game was a tale of two halves. It looked like it was going to be an easy win for Alabama. Bama moved the ball with ease in the first half converting 3rd down after 3rd down and avoided the massive pressure Miami applies.

The Tide took a 21-0 lead into half time.

Then the 2nd part of the tale. The Canes received the kick off and did not waste any time and put 7 on the board in 50 seconds. The pressure that Alabama was able to contain in the first half had its effect in the second. There was little time to make passes and the runs that were successful in the first half were gone. Miami continued to have success cutting the lead to 21-14 going into the 4th.

In the 4th with 3 min left Miami drove down to the Alabama 27 before stalling and having to take a FG. That made the score 21-17, 17 in a row for the Canes.

Bama needed to get something going on this last drive and went to the ground trying to take some time off the clock. Alabama was able to grind in out making some nail bitting 3 and short conversions with the run. The Canes exhausted their time outs and Alabama finally put it in the endzone with under a minute left in the game.

Final 28*17.

Julio Jones and Mark Ingram put an end to their college careers in this one. Jones went out with some nice catches but no TD's and Ingram avoided injury and really showed up tonight fighting for tough yards, catching passes , and no fumbles. THe MVP of the Chick-fil-A Bowl.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

So the progression but has only been fixed for one offseason and now Miami's no good anymore? lol, Just kidding. Good win Fosh... Nice send off for Julio and company. Miami had a tough season, it's just nice for them to have their first BCS trophy on the shelf, most of us are just envying that.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Good win, any time you can take down an ACC team you know you've accomplished something special.

Unless its VaTech

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

I thinks juggs won the second season with Ohio State last season. Miami will be all A+'s again next season. Top 5 recruiting class this season. I think the coach is just looking to rekindle that desire.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah with Juggs it is if he can keep the compeititve edge. Last year he seemed to lose it after winning his title. Let's see if like you said he can get it up again heh.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Good game Fosh. Our offense took to long to get it's head out of it's ass and start moving.

And you hit it on the head. Not saying it would have made much difference, but I definitely lost interest missing 4-5 weeks of the year for vacation, and when i came back i was ready to fast forward thru the rest of the year.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

strike 2.....:biggun:

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah right around the time you went on a vacation is when the league jumped to "Ludicrous Speed" and then went plaid. lol

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

fixed for ya

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

That made me laugh......(y)