Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Merih, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Dec 15, 2009
    Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl

Seminoles Hold On in Atlanta, Defeat Gators in Rematch

December 31, 2013

ATLANTA - The Florida State Seminoles beat the Florida Gators in a sloppy yet exciting matchup, 26-21. This notches Coach Merih his first victory as leader of the Seminoles, a poignancy that was not lost on the newly name man in charge.

"It was important to get this first win, I'm not going to lie"
    spoke Coach Merih following the game, "Everyone down here has very high expectations, as they should. With this victory over a rival I hope they see that I do mean business here."

The players, however, seemed to strike a different tone.

"To be honest, we did it for Coach Kinger," said Willie Secord. In his final game he went 13 of 25 for 249 yards and 3 touchdowns, with 2 picks. "He brought us to this point, and as seniors we wanted to send him out as a winner. We hope that this performance made him proud."

The game was hard fought, with neither team able to grab an upperhand. Turnovers stopped many instances of momentum for both teams, including a bizzare stretch where 3 series ended on turnovers, all back to back. 2 of which happening in back to back plays.

Fittingly, the game was sealed on an interception with 42 seconds left. Florida State finishes the season 10-2, losing to two undefeated teams earlier in the season. Florida finishes 8-5.

"Going into next season, I think we have a shot at becoming a very strong team," Coach Merih harped as he wrapped up his first conference, before hitting the recruiting trail, "We have a lot to work on and I'm just getting my feet wet. But it's always nice to end on a high note. Now if you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I have a locker room to attend to."
  2. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Great game man. Like you said while we were playing. There was definetly a lot going on but not much scoring, lmao!!!.
    You will fit right in with these clowns, I just hope you have better luck vs users than I do, so far so good,lol.
  3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Apr 17, 2009
    Merih, big time win for your first game. Steelah's got a squad of top notch gangbusters down there in Gainesville. In my first 2 games I was blown out by Georgia Tech and then lost to CPU NC State :(.

Welcome to the league--I look forward to battling it out with you in the ACC!