Chiefs Owner and FA

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Chiefs Owner and FA

Okay, new Chiefs owner bid on a player, and decided apparently he didn't want him. Now we have rules in place if someone doesn't sign a guy within a set time limit. But he posted in his front office thread that the guy failed a physical and wouldn't be joining the team. Is that kosher?

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

If the rule is that they have a certain amount of time to cancel the signing then I think it was a creative way to announce it. If that is not in the rules I would make him remove it.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

No rule for this type of thing but I say we force him to sign the player and if he reases him he will have take his cap penalty.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ya, i am all for adding a rule that if you put a bid in on a fa then you must sign them.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Only one problem with that theory though: what if he just chooses to wait 48 hours and not sign the guy? Then he gets off without penalty.

I say we modify the 48 hour rule. One time without penalty, second time is PM, third time is warning to be booted. Let me know what you guys think.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

i agree, but no need to add to the 'rules'. i'll know as commish that if they do that then they get a friendly reminder, then a warning, then adios.

7. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

works for me.

8. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Sounds good to me.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That works too.